mobile for internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

torrent08

Broken In
hi .. which all features are required for mobile internet browsing.i currently have a nokia 7250 old model, which contins only gprs..
i was looki to buy nokia 6085 which was in range of 6999 rupees but i found that it doesnt have HSCSD, though it has gprs & Edge..will that affect internet browsing speed? also the USB version is v 1.1 not the latest version..i have a limited budget of within 8000 rupees only...
Is tere anyother model with all the InterNEt features .though i liked Sony 750 i, it doesnt have Edge :(is Edge really provide good speed.??

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Yes. Edge technology increases internet speeds if service provider is giving that option.
Without EDGE, GPRS speed: 5-6KBps
With EDGE, GPRS speed: 10-15KBps

OP
T

torrent08

Broken In
ok thankyou Kiran :) for the quick reply..So Edge s a must.

what about HSCSD and other features like Bluetooth version ,
Infraredport,
Internal Memory etc..
does an internal memory of 4 Mb like affect in openi up files in a cell? .is it almost like our rAM in Pcs where less the Ram memory, less the computer works.?

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
You are welcome. :)
HSCSD will improve data transfer speeds. It is a must for good reception of radio signals. Now-a-days almost all mid-range and high-end mobiles feature this.

Bluetooth comes into play if you wanna connect PC to Mobile and use it for data transfer or Internet surfying. Make sure your set should meet phone meets Bluetooth specification 2.0. That will give good speed data transfers.

Infrared is not useful for internet connectivity. It's only for file transfers between mobiles or PC.

Internal memory do have effect in phone speeds. If you are operating GPRS in phone, then consider atleast 10MB of internal memory.

Pathik

Google Bot
internal memory isnt at all related wit ur ram...
ram decides how much u can multitask
int mem decides how much data u can save on ur fone... but thats not a prob if u take a fone wit mmc support

OP
T

torrent08

Broken In
pathiks said:
i wd suggest u to get a 6630... mebbe or a 2nd hand 7710...
in new cells get a z550i...
hi pathiks..thanks for ur suggestions but, both the nok models costs more than 11000 :confused: .
well, Sony z550i dont have edge enabled facility. :eek:

OP
T

torrent08

Broken In
Kiran_tech_mania said:
You are welcome. :)
HSCSD will improve data transfer speeds. It is a must for good reception of radio signals. Now-a-days almost all mid-range and high-end mobiles feature this.

Bluetooth comes into play if you wanna connect PC to Mobile and use it for data transfer or Internet surfying. Make sure your set should meet phone meets Bluetooth specification 2.0. That will give good speed data transfers.

Infrared is not useful for internet connectivity. It's only for file transfers between mobiles or PC.

Internal memory do have effect in phone speeds. If you are operating GPRS in phone, then consider atleast 10MB of internal memory.
Hi Kiran :) yes i need a Cell which i will be uisng for data transfer/internet surfing . will be looki for a 10 mb internal memory r more..but i hope it will come below 8000 rupees :confused:
"your set should meet phone meets Bluetooth specification 2.0. " u mean the handset shld be bluetooth enabled ver 2.0

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
torrent08 said:
Hi Kiran :) yes i need a Cell which i will be uisng for data transfer/internet surfing . will be looki for a 10 mb internal memory r more..but i hope it will come below 8000 rupees :confused:
"your set should meet phone meets Bluetooth specification 2.0. " u mean the handset shld be bluetooth enabled ver 2.0

Yes. :)

OP
T

torrent08

Broken In
Kiran_tech_mania said:
hi Kiran, so Cld u suggest Cellmodels with all the requestie features that you / i suggested..:)
well, overall Sony looks good..i hope there will be emi/finance schemes for cells..But i always i had in min dmy fav band NOKIA , but i know i wnt get it in tat range with the all the 3 features
GPrS , EDGE class 10, HSCSD, Bluetooth, USB ver 2.0 ---wel, is the bluetooth version , latest on ein ths model.? :eek:

Or s tere a Nokia model with all the above features..!! :mad:
i love NOKias !!!!

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

First of all you don't need HSCSD if you're connecting to net via GPRS/EDGE. HSCSD is different and GPRS is different. In HSCSD (High Speed Circuit Switched Data, a faster version of CSD) the data is transferred through a voice call. The phone dials a specific number (provided by service provides) and then the data transfer takes place. During this you cannot receive/make calls/sms. This method is not used nowadays. Now usually GPRS is used. Thats why you don't need to search for a phone with HSCSD. A phone with GPRS/EDGE Class 10 would be enough for regular net surfing/downloading. Also you can use the data cable to connect to the computer. You don't need to have Bluetooth v2.0. Using data cable is faster and also charges the battery while the phone is connected.
I suggest you go for SE W300i. It has EDGE class 10, bluetooth, and USB 2.0. It also comes with a data cable.
Btw its ok to have favourites but when your budget is low, you have to make compromises. Currently no Nokia phone with your needs comes within your budget.

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
how edge can speed up ?
i mean wat r the new things it includes which help in speeding up the internet speed?

Last edited:

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
krazyfrog said:
First of all you don't need HSCSD if you're connecting to net via GPRS/EDGE. HSCSD is different and GPRS is different. In HSCSD (High Speed Circuit Switched Data, a faster version of CSD) the data is transferred through a voice call. The phone dials a specific number (provided by service provides) and then the data transfer takes place. During this you cannot receive/make calls/sms. This method is not used nowadays. Now usually GPRS is used. Thats why you don't need to search for a phone with HSCSD. A phone with GPRS/EDGE Class 10 would be enough for regular net surfing/downloading. Also you can use the data cable to connect to the computer. You don't need to have Bluetooth v2.0. Using data cable is faster and also charges the battery while the phone is connected.
I suggest you go for SE W300i. It has EDGE class 10, bluetooth, and USB 2.0. It also comes with a data cable.
Btw its ok to have favourites but when your budget is low, you have to make compromises. Currently no Nokia phone with your needs comes within your budget.

Yes. You are right considering one need a internet connectivity without bothering much about the speed and error correction. For a smoother connection, the combo of HSCSD and GPRS works perfect. It is never possible to attain the theoritical maximum speed using GPRS alone. Becoz error correction is not handled by GPRS system. So the bandwidth available for GPRS will be lesser than possible. In absence of HSCSD, GSM will handle the error correction in radio signals. Due to this, major portion of bandwidth is wasted and you get lesser bandwidth for data transfer. This is where HSCSD comes into play. HSCSD provides all possible error corrections thus maintaining enough bandwidth for data transfer.

I too suggest what krazyfrog suggested. SE W300i. It is HSCSD and GPRS enabled.

Last edited:

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
@torrent08........
Samsung is a good set with big screen, EDGE class 10, BT....etc....
but it's your choice.... some people don't like samsung......
but ur budget is low u have to consider this..... SE W300i i think more than your budget..... and screen is also small in w300i.....
and Nokia 5200 is rs. 500 more than your budget..... if you are a nokia lover u can go 4 it.... it also has EDGE class 10......not sure about BT

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
From my personal experience:

Sony Ericsson good speed.

Nokia good speed.

Motorola good speed. L7 gives the highest speed for me. More than any Nokia or SE phones.

Samsung bad speed.

Rest not sure.

If you want EDGE then stick to Nokia. Because Motorola And SE EDGE phones won't fit your budget. And remember to check if your area has EDGE and also the rate plans for GPRS with EDGE.

OP
T

torrent08

Broken In
well, i m sersly considering to increase my budget to 10 k or else i will buy Second hand phones. :( from the grey market..
i find in univercell.in tat the Exchange rate of N70 is 6000 only :confused::eek: when the first time rate is a whooping 14 k !! my god!!
but, havent brought such yet & I request members to do write a thread regarding " how to detect Fake mobile phones" like a thread for "fake memory sticks" exists here...

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
torrent08 said:
well, i m sersly considering to increase my budget to 10 k or else i will buy Second hand phones. :( from the grey market..
i find in univercell.in tat the Exchange rate of N70 is 6000 only :confused::eek: when the first time rate is a whooping 14 k !! my god!!

Yes and than they will or there partner will sell it for 75% of Mkt. Rate. I think all 2nd Hand Cell Dealer makes more profit compare to selling New One.:)

torrent08 said:
I request members to do write a thread regarding " how to detect Fake mobile phones" like a thread for "fake memory sticks" exists here...

There is nothing like FAKE MOBILE PHONE. All Mobile Handset you get is ORIGINAL.

Only Battery-Memory can be fake and phone may have defect (may repaired) if you buy Second Hand/Grey Mkt.

If buy from grey mkt. make sure it should be Company Sealed.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom