Mobile Buying Suggestion

valtea

In the zone
I'm looking to buy an Android Phone priced about 20K.

I have seen reviews and deals for various phones viz:
1) Motorol Defy +
2) Samsung R I9103
3) Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001
4) Samsung Galaxy S I9003-4GB

I have almost chosen Samsung R, but was little disappointed that it was without Led flash and AMOLED screen. Is Led flash helpfull while taking photographs?. What is AMOLED screen? is it really a plus point. I also want to get the best value for my money.

Thank you/

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if you are ready to buy online (from flipkart) add 1 more to that list. Xperia Pro. Its Neo with Slideout keypad & 8Mp cam.

else from that list, R is the only one that stands out cause of its processing power.

aroraanant

Explorer
Galaxy R would be the best from above listed models.
Apart from that if you want a single core(processor) phone then you can consider HTC Desire S also for 20-21k

Vensanga

Journeyman
what about the LG optimus 2X, its available around 19k and comes with 8 Mp camera,Dual processor and HDMI port...or Sony ericson Neo V??

I too plan to buy in the first or second week of next month so i am confused which one to buy as i will be using for the next 2 year.....

Sorry to burge in in this topic as my budget (20k) is same my preference is an android phone....or should i create another topic???

OP
V

valtea

In the zone
LG Optimus 2X - Full phone specifications , i have seen LG optimus 2X comparable... apart from flipkart what are the reliable online shops. I have seen it 2 days back that Samsung R was available for about 18K. I didnt remeber the website

S

siddhipatel

If you don’t want to buy Galaxy R then go for Samsung Galaxy S Plus. There are other options also available to you like HTC Explorer, Samsung Galaxy Ace, Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V, Sony Ericsson Live Walkman, Sony-Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro.

aroraanant

Explorer
Don't listen to the above person.

^^^
why are you suggestion Ace,explorer,mini pro etc to a person who has a budget of 20k and when very good phones,far better than what you suggested are available in the market.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
what about the LG optimus 2X, its available around 19k and comes with 8 Mp camera,Dual processor and HDMI port

if you are going to use the stock rom, its wise to avoid LG 2X, Black for now. in hardware they look unbeatable but the software side is not as fluid. moreover they announced ICS update will come by Q3 2012. that can very well turn out to be 2013 also.

aroraanant

Explorer
LG Optimus 2X - Full phone specifications , i have seen LG optimus 2X comparable... apart from flipkart what are the reliable online shops. I have seen it 2 days back that Samsung R was available for about 18K. I didnt remeber the website

Galaxy R is available on sulekha for 19k.That is the bes deal going on right now.
Go for Galaxy R and even you can have a look at HTC Desire S

Vensanga

Journeyman
if you are going to use the stock rom, its wise to avoid LG 2X, Black for now. in hardware they look unbeatable but the software side is not as fluid. moreover they announced ICS update will come by Q3 2012. that can very well turn out to be 2013 also.

i am not that good in customizing so i guess i will stick with stock rom:neutral:......

Galaxy R is available on sulekha for 19k.That is the bes deal going on right now.
Go for Galaxy R and even you can have a look at HTC Desire S

I have check Galaxy R and its pretty big:shock: so i need to have a second thought :? and am not very fond of HTC so....

As i have said i will be using for atleast 2 years so am realy confused....i think its better to create a separate topic in the first week of next month when i am about to buy the phone....

PurusH

The LeO
I have check Galaxy R and its pretty big:shock: so i need to have a second thought :? and am not very fond of HTC so....

As i have said i will be using for atleast 2 years so am realy confused....i think its better to create a separate topic in the first week of next month when i am about to buy the phone....

Galaxy R is future proof, ICS official update confirmed by Samsung for SGR.... It has lot of features.... but has battery issues.

acidCow

Broken In
Galaxy R is the best. Go for it. I just bought a Neo V 5 days back. Cause every local store had priced SGR at 23-24k !!! I did have the option of coming back home and buying it online, but couldn't resist the temptation of getting a cell on the same day than waiting 5 days!! Yea GO for SGR and better buy it online!

Vensanga

Journeyman
A sincere advice,
if you are not interested in customization...DO NOT BUY ANDROID.

ok let me change my statement i am interested and am using nokia 5800 till now and have been using the C6 cfw for a long time which is faster and better looking....if you can provide any updates or custom cfw i would love to....and yea your statement is kinda funny because not all people are tech savy and are not able to install custom cfw......

Top Bottom