Status
Not open for further replies.

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
Off topic :
Does recompiling the kernel take up HDD space?

Currently am on FC8, and i see a kernel update to 2.6.23.8-63 in Yum Extender. So does installing this kernel update take up HDD space?

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
gx_saurav said:
This time it rebooted fine but now another problem, where is all my HD space? Last night before compiling the kernel I had 3.4 GB sapce free, now only 600 MB is free
try this then:D

Code:
sudo rm -rf /

you will get all space back

warning:Do backup before trying this, this will erase all your data::!:

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
gary4gar said:
try this then:D

Code:
sudo rm -rf /
you will get all space back

warning:Do backup before trying this, this will erase all your data::!:
lol..u wanna drive him recursive ?:D
The most dangerous command in Ubuntu:D
spoilers:Do backup before trying this, this will erase all your dat

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Gr8, on next boot it crashed & refused to boot

I formatted the partition from Windows & merged it with Vista's partition, no more Linux now

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
gx_saurav said:
Gr8, on next boot it crashed & refused to boot

I formatted the partition from Windows & merged it with Vista's partition, no more Linux now

What took u so long ?:D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
gx_saurav said:
My stupidity of believing that Linux might be a good replacement for Vista for day to day usage. It's not.
yeah u are rite :D

u should never install linux again till the end of the world, if u dont wanna get disappointed.

natural selection theory will hold right.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
gx_saurav said:
Yippee....got 2.9 GB Back...

Kalpik is teh Penguin :D
Lolz.. you just deleted the kernel sources! (Unless you are using a different version than this)

Edit: Formatted the Linux partition??? Ahaa... So peace reigns at Digit Forums again :) And they (all fanboys) lived happily ever after :)

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
infra_red_dude said:
Lolz.. you just deleted the kernel sources! (Unless you are using a different version than this)

Edit: Formatted the Linux partition??? Ahaa... So peace reigns at Digit Forums again :) And they (all fanboys) lived happily ever after :)
And they (all fanboys) lived happily ever after :),in the hobbits ville.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ If it ever crashes.. you know what to do right? The same GX did: sudo rm -rf /!!! Haha... that was the best suggestion!! :D :D :D

din

Tribal Boy
151 replies, 1,175 views and finally ? Found .. err .. Discovered - thats the rt word - that Linux is not good for day to day life :D

Waste of resources of this forum and effort of a very nice groups of OSS guys :(

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
infra_red_dude said:
^^^ If it ever crashes.. you know what to do right? The same GX did: sudo rm -rf /!!! Haha... that was the best suggestion!! :D :D :D
the credit goes to me:p

T159 said:
lol..u wanna drive him recursive ?:D
The most dangerous command in Ubuntu:D
spoilers:Do backup before trying this, this will erase all your dat
there are many more you should be aware of
read this:*ubuntuforums.org/announcement.php?f=73
and please take care

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
gary4gar said:
the credit goes to me:p

there are many more you should be aware of
read this:*ubuntuforums.org/announcement.php?f=73
and please take care

yeah i know em:)

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
infra_red_dude said:

Yes, i asked him to do that only! But what's the harm! He still has the headers installed, and that's more than enough until he wants to compile the kernel again. But oh well.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom