Mid range gaming rig for 50k : buying this sunday

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
:cool:

Incinarator you got me now!!! will go the shop and will see what happens. But i guess i will overshoot the budget all thanks to you.:)
And r u from kolkata?? Then suggest good shops frm whr u quote prices..

And one more query; i will be coming from a place near asansol and sunday is my only day off being a banker. So is the hardware market open on sunday ??

And incinarator if i want to go for overclocking just a bit then this rig wont handle ??

Both proccesor and motherboard have locked multipliers.

Yes I am from Kolkata.
The prices are from Prime ABGB Mumbai, Vedant Computers, Kolkata and MD Computers Kolkata. The GPU price is from SMC Delhi. In Kolkata Vedant might give you even better prices.(Mention you are a TDF member)

Vedant - 26, Ganesh Chandra Street, Ganesh Chandra Street, Kolkata, West Bengal 700013 (PH: 033 2253 7597)

No you cant overclock the Processor for that you have to spend Rs 2700 more on the processor and around Rs 3000 on a basic Z77 motherboard (which will overclock moderately) and Rs 2100 on a CPU Cooler! If you want to overclock in that budget better get an AMD set up like this...

AMD FX 8350 - Rs 12000
Asus M5A97 - Rs 6600 (Minimum requirement for clocking that Vishera)

If not clocking you are just fine or in some cases better off with that Intel in gaming and more.

Sunday is a bad day for shopping Hardware at GC Avenue/Chandni in Kolkata!

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@incinarator do we really need A 660ti for 1080p resolutions??
Coz i dont like large monitors beyond 24 inch and i wont be updating monitors for 3 years atleast.

I mean can i settle for 7850 and get a ssd for the difference. Or a 7870

Then 660ti would be serious overkill.
Above all, you are a casual gamer, not a hardcore gamer.
Get Sapphire HD7850 @13.5K

Sunday is a bad day for shopping Hardware at GC Avenue/Chandni in Kolkata!

Bad day?
Ever been to chandni on Sunday?
All shops remain closed on Sunday. You can't buy wnything from there on Sunday. (except some shops at chandni main market)

OP
S

sandp.raj

Broken In
Then 660ti would be serious overkill.
Above all, you are a casual gamer, not a hardcore gamer.
Get Sapphire HD7850 @13.5K

Bad day?
Ever been to chandni on Sunday?
All shops remain closed on Sunday. You can't buy wnything from there on Sunday. (except some shops at chandni main market)

Now this is a serious problem if market is closed on sunday. Then i have no option than to take a leave from my office. :(
Now i cant say whn i will buy.

And thank u d6bmg . i was also thinking that 660ti will be an overkill.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^Gpu's are never and will never be an overkill for 1080p and higher resolutions considering the pace at which games are evolving.
Try playing far cry 3 with everything set to ultra and 4x msaa. 7850 will simply give up. Ofcourse you can tone down the settings to increase fps count but you can also do that with a 7770 which is 40% cheaper.

The point is if your budget permits, then why to go for an inferior gpu considering you are building a gaming rig??

I would suggest you to atleast consider a 7870.

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
^^ Right said, completely agree with you on that.

Let alone Crysis 3 .....Even FarCry 3 is bringing 660ti and HD 7950 to tears when set at Ultra @ 1080p with AA scaling. So its just a matter of time that he will feel shortchanged with a HD 7850. GPUs can never be an overkill and that too at resolutions of 1080p. We are not suggesting him a GTX690 or HD7990, had it been so that would have been an overkill. Moreover the Rig with the GTX 660ti sits nicely within his budget. So lets not confuse him.

OP
S

sandp.raj

Broken In
^^Gpu's are never and will never be an overkill for 1080p and higher resolutions considering the pace at which games are evolving.
Try playing far cry 3 with everything set to ultra and 4x msaa. 7850 will simply give up. Ofcourse you can tone down the settings to increase fps count but you can also do that with a 7770 which is 40% cheaper.

The point is if your budget permits, then why to go for an inferior gpu considering you are building a gaming rig??

Will go with 7870 with the amd setup . Will try A little tinkering and overclocking the gpu.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

There is difference between casual gaming and serious gaming. What you are talking about is serious gaming, and from the posts of OP, I think he is not interested in that. And again, money saved in GPU can be used to buy better CPU cooler, which will help to overclock the CPU better. If not now, then in coming years.

Now this is a serious problem if market is closed on sunday. Then i have no option than to take a leave from my office. :(

Saturday evening, perhaps? Or on a holiday.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
There is difference between casual gaming and serious gaming. What you are talking about is serious gaming, and from the posts of OP, I think he is not interested in that. And again, money saved in GPU can be used to buy better CPU cooler, which will help to overclock the CPU better. If not now, then in coming years.

A 50-55k gaming system is meant for serious gaming only. The word "casual" does not fit here

About cpu cooler, if op sticks with i5 3470, he won't need a cpu cooler right away coz he won't be able to overclock that.
If he decides 8350, then it already ships with a great cooler. He can always buy a cpu cooler later but gpu is kind of a one time investment
until next upgrade.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
dude draco21... GPU OCing CAN BE done without aftermarket coolers. Seriously. Read.

ya with custom cooling mechanisms on card

but still i think that cabinet will need proper cooler (i.e fans) to maintain airflow...

its not like that op can leave his cabinet open all the time just for the word air flow???

OP
S

sandp.raj

Broken In
A 50-55k gaming system is meant for serious gaming only. The word "casual" does not fit here

About cpu cooler, if op sticks with i5 3470, he won't need a cpu cooler right away coz he won't be able to overclock that.
If he decides 8350, then it already ships with a great cooler. He can always buy a cpu cooler later but gpu is kind of a one time investment
until next upgrade.

I have decided on the amd fx8350 with the asus 970 chipset board
And about gpu if i go with 660ti it will be at a premium of around 2500
overshooting the budget above 60k with the amd build ; and that is a no no.

I have to buy a good mouse and a mousepad and a ssd( if possible).

Cilus

laborare est orare
Then go with HD 7870 which is available around 17K including taxes in Vedant Computer, Kolkata. Performance wise it is marginally slower than GTX 660Ti in gaming but the price is too good for it.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
I have decided on the amd fx8350 with the asus 970 chipset board
And about gpu if i go with 660ti it will be at a premium of around 2500
overshooting the budget above 60k with the amd build ; and that is a no no.

I have to buy a good mouse and a mousepad and a ssd( if possible).

In fact a 660-ti is a much better card than 7870. It gives more juice to enable higher settings in shader heavy games like far cry 3 and sleeping dogs(after 310.70 drivers) and is a good amount faster.
Has txaa support and upcoming games like crysis 3 are confirmed to be using it.

I would still suggest to spend a bit more for it coz the performance is worth the investment.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
The rig I suggested him gets him all that juice and its well within his budget but he is still confusing himself. He is hellbent on getting a wrong rig. Anyways.

Intel Core i5 3470 - Rs 11000
Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H - Rs 5500
Gskill Ripjaws 4GB - Rs 1600
GPU - GIGABYTE GV-N66TWF2-2GD (GTX 660Ti) - Rs 19300
HDD - Seagate 1TB - Rs 4300
SMPS - Corsair CX500V2 - Rs 3450
Cabinet - NZXT Beta EVO - Rs 2600
OPD - Samsung SH-S 223F - Rs 975
Monitor - AOC LED 22" (I-2251FWE) IPS panel (1920x1080 LED) - Rs 8200 ( The very best at this price)

Total : Rs 56925/-

Even if he wants to add a good "Mouse" it will still be within Rs 60K. An SSD is useless at the moment. And an SSD can be added anytime later.SSD will not boost the game FPS but will only shorten boot times and application load times because it is not hindered by mechanical burst lags.

An AMD rig is not needed at all here and in your scheme of things.

Top Bottom