Mid-Career Crisis

bitmap

Right off the assembly line
Hello everyone,
I am a newbie to this site.I find this site very interesting and joined with great hope of getting some positive & good advices from all of you friends,as to how to get out of this dangerous loop in which i am now in!! :-(
I am 34+ yrs old and was working in a pharma sales company which i left in July 2010 due to big problems with the management.I have a total 4 yrs pharma sales experience which i feel is not much. They had stopped my salary increment and i was not getting good appraisal from the management.They had put me in an unproductive territory & used to harass me with sales targets.I felt i chose the wrong line as in fact i was not liking the profession overall & started hating the outdoor sales jobs. I dont want to get back into any kind of sales again.
So now I am doing PHP programming and doing a mini project in an institute which assured me with a job in PHP.But problem is the salary is too low in the PHP field compared to my age!I was drawing near to 15000 in the pharma co. & here i will be getting only 5000 rupees p.m. even in Kolkata.
I am B.Sc Pure Science(PCM) graduate from Calcutta Univ & i have my residence in Calcutta.
Now I have a few questions -
1)Should I have to do a MCA after getting a job in PHP field or i can rise in this line without it?
2)If i really need to do a MCA course ,which distance university should i choose out of the following two universities which i have shortlisted based on certain criterias-Sikkim Manipal Univ. or IGNOU?
3)Instead of doing MCA,will pursuing a course in ORACLE/Java from SQL Star International suffice?
4)Which is better course from SQL Star International- OJAD or SDBA course?
Links to the syllabus are these-
*sqlstar.com/services/knowledge/sdba.pdf
*sqlstar.com/services/knowledge/ojad.pdf
5)Am I in the right track? Will doing PHP programming help me land in a good company/good job in near future? Or shud I have chosen IT Networking like CCNA/RHCE considering my age?
I AM REALLY CONFUSED!!
Please Help me by guiding me.
Will be greatly obliged for any good suggestions or advice.
I am eagerly waiting for your reply.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom