Microtek UPS unable to handle fluctuations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyasram

The pWnster
I bt a Microtek 80va dubble bat UPS 6 months back. I've had a lot of probs with it, like my pc getting switched off when switching my monitor on.

Now the latest prob,

The microtek manual says that the ups has a wide AVR range (130-300 v)

But, even if the voltage drops a little say(180 v), this thing goes to backup mode. Within ten-twenty mins of alternate normal/backup shifts, it exhausts itz battery and switches off. Even my pc's power supply can handles volt fluctuations better.

Rite now, my cpu is connected directly to the power source with my monitor to the ups. Cpu is working fine, but my monitor keeps switching off due to the above-said reason

Is there anyway to make this crappy thing works with the avr range told in the manual. If not suggest me a good 600 va ups with good avr range and plz tell itz price as well.

PS: I do not connect any printer/mfd or any other accessory to my ups other than my midrange cpu, monitor ,2.1 speakers and a BSNL Huawei modem.

Help me outta this thing

Last edited:

Ch@0s

In the zone
If you can spend a bit, look at the APC SmartUPS range. I'm using a 750VA smartups for my rig in the sig and its awesome. Gives around 12-14minutes backup time with 100% CPU and GPU usage.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Well I am using the same Microtek UPS (800VA-double battery) and don't have any problem. I get around twenty minutes backup time. Also see that u keep the main switch (the wall plug) "ON" all the time, so that the ups battery get charged.
And u said that ur monitor is connected to the CPU (SMPS). I would suggest that u connect the monitor directly to the UPS.

OP
Vyasram

Vyasram

The pWnster
sorry itz a typo, monitor is connected to the ups

I guess ur ups is runnin fine coz u havnt experienced any vol fluctuations yet.

@chaos. Is there any apc smart in the 600 va range

blackpearl

The Devil
You have not mentioned your monitor size and your SMPS rating. The duration of backup will depend upon your hardware like monitor size (larger the monitor shorter will be the backup) and extra peripherals like graphics card and other PCI cards.
Rather than buying a 600va UPS I suggest you buy a 800va UPS and yes, APC will be a better choice.

OP
Vyasram

Vyasram

The pWnster
400w smps vip,
17' crt,
6600gt graphics, amd 3000+, 160gb sata hdd, 2 optical drives,

I've previously used a dlink 600va ups with this pc and it gave 15 min backup

janitha

Wise Old Owl
If it is only 6 months old, why not get it replaced/repaired under warranty. Nowadays these are mostly having warranty for 2 years. Or else, replace with the most popular APC. I myself am using 2 600 VA ones, one Powercom and another Leibert (Emerson). One is connected to the monitor and the other to the system. Here the voltage fluctuates between 160 to 210V. So far I have had no probem with either, other than frequent sounds of tripping of the relays when voltage changes.

Eazy

Journeyman
Ch@0s said:
If you can spend a bit, look at the APC SmartUPS range. I'm using a 750VA smartups for my rig in the sig and its awesome. Gives around 12-14minutes backup time with 100% CPU and GPU usage.

CHAOS !!!

What did you pay for this UPS ?? My next UPS will be this very model of APC :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom