Microsofts unethical moves in Nigeria !

Status
Not open for further replies.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Ah! Yet another reason to hate M$ !

Why is it that I never am able to miss something bad about Microsoft. Is it only me? I just hit this one. Mandriva had finalised a deal with Nigerian Goverment for 17,000 computers and then comes Microsoft, makes a new deal to install Windows after Mandriva Linux. Man, I am getting to hate this company more and more by time.

Sources:
*www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/11/01/mandriva-driver-broadsides
*blog.mandriva.com/2007/10/31/an-open-letter-to-steve-ballmer/

Edit: Already Posted at *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72156 (Thanks CadCrazy)

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Its not clear:)..
Its just their assumption.
Let more news come and more evidence hit the net.until then ...ms is not to be blamed..only the authorities...that too,may be they would have thought,ms is worth to invest in!
These are my views..

din

Tribal Boy
@indranilmaulik

There IS ethics in business.

There are companies who do not follow business ethics (like MS). But that does not mean that, business is all about unethical ways n means.

Surviving may be very tough following ethics but not impossible.

din said:
@indranilmaulik

There IS ethics in business.

There are companies who do not follow business ethics (like MS). But that does not mean that, business is all about unethical ways n means.

Surviving may be very tough following ethics but not impossible.

i think you may not have understood what i have tried to express, or i am unable to translate my expression in words.

btw, my point is when you are operating in a high-pitch cut-throat competition environment the line between ethics and no ethics virtually become non-existent.

narangz

Web developer
There are no ethics in business. Everyone wants to be the Number 1. I do not seem to remember a single company which has a good market share & is run by ethics. Whatever the case, when MS does something its unethical but when others do it its competition.

narangz said:
There are no ethics in business. Everyone wants to be the Number 1. I do not seem to remember a single company which has a good market share & is run by ethics. Whatever the case, when MS does something its unethical but when others do it its competition.

well said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom