Microsoft XBox 360 Controller - Genuine or Fake

beingGamer

In the zone
There are 2 variants of XBox controller -

1. Xbox 360 controller (for Xbox 360)
2. Xbox 360 controller (for windows and Xbox 360)

The hardware is identical in both. The first one (green box) doesn't come with an installation disk because its for XBox 360.

So you wanted it for PC or XBOX?

SunE

Professional Newbie
The green box is branded as the Xbox version but since the controllers are all USB plug'n'play they work the same as the ones branded as Xbox controller for windows.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Greenbox controller, where is it sold in India ?
Amazon.in has them in product description but the product recieved is the normal red one (original & for PC)

OP
L

little

Journeyman
Flipkart sent me the greenbox version..

*i.imgur.com/SZJxbwyl.jpg

*i.imgur.com/avoUFzZl.jpg

Last edited:

dejavu619

Right off the assembly line
Fellas, I need help. I bought this from a local shop. The shopkeeper is refusing to refund it. The wireless controller in this image is 100% genuine. The wired one came in the red box.

*media.discordapp.net/attachments/298627305041821696/782253778082594816/IMG20201128200544.jpg?

*i.imgur.com/9mOmmBm.png

*i.imgur.com/dLFB0ny.png

Tomorrow I'm going to his shop. Is there a conclusive way in which I can prove that the controller is fake? Should I go to consumer forum? He charged me 2k for this.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
IMG_20201129_021724.jpg

IMG_20201129_022618__01.jpg

Look for the wire cutoff on original xbox 360.
Led glow on original pad is fuller. Also I have changed the thumbsticks, original pad had black thimbsticks. Please ignore dirt on it. It's been in storage for years

Last edited:

dejavu619

Right off the assembly line
Look for the wire cutoff on original xbox 360.

What exactly do you mean by wire cutoff? Are you referring to this bit in the red square? Is this white one original?

*i.imgur.com/svktqsg.png

Could you show me what it recognizes your game as in the Game Controllers menu in Windows 10?

*i.imgur.com/BHgdfou.png

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
What exactly do you mean by wire cutoff? Are you referring to this bit in the red square? Is this white one original?

*i.imgur.com/svktqsg.png

Could you show me what it recognizes your game as in the Game Controllers menu in Windows 10?

*i.imgur.com/BHgdfou.png
It shouldn't say Inno GamePad if it was a 360 controller. Take the screenshot as proof and return the fake one.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.

*i.imgur.com/svktqsg.png

*i.imgur.com/BHgdfou.png

It is a rip off. Just google inno Gamepad, and you will see a bunch of rip offs and even an yt video on it. so return it ASAP

Nerevarine

Incarnate

*i.imgur.com/svktqsg.png

*i.imgur.com/BHgdfou.png
Obviously this one is fake, it should say xbox 360 controller

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Okay, also what exactly did you mean by "wire cutoff" in your earlier message?

It's called inline cable release.
*support.xbox.com/en-IN/help/xbox-3...ontroller,controller cables to become tangled

Sorry can't find images. But the cable itself is basically made of 2 parts that can be disconnected easily.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Look towards the end of the usb, you will find a wirecut off. Original pads are designed such that if u pull the controller too hard, it won't pull the xbox console attached. It will detach from the wire cut off.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Can't believe there are no images on the internet for inline cable release
It should look like this
*ubuntuincident.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/inline_release.png

Top Bottom