Microsoft to ODF Technical Committee: Come Enter the Belly of the Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathik

Google Bot
We all know how MS made it an ISO standard.
And now that they weren't able to implement it as even the format specifications weren't finalized, they come running back to ODF to come bail their a$$es out. :D
Nah, MS chor nai hai.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Nahi, aur isiliye agar tum dus log milke MS ko chor bolo, toh woh chor nahi banta. PWNED!!

Now there are two possibilities :- either you believe in Crazy's law of ten persons or not :D

If you believe then OOXML is pwned

If not then you are pwned

Now its your choice " Ya to apne aap ko bacha lo ya apne OOXML ko ". Kisi na kisi ko to pwn hona hi padega :D

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I just dont get it.. the letter from microsoft was a invitation for the members of OASIS ODF TC to attend a days technical preview of how the product will be implimenting ODF. The problem was only the location .. Redmond or Beijing .. o_O

This was the chance for the ODF TC to have a first hand look at the implimentation of ODF by MS..

The email was pure invitation for ODF implimentation Preview and nothing as stated in the articles title.. "Microsoft is trying to grab control of ODF" o_O

Why do people think if MS invites someone then is buying that person. :|

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
The email was pure invitation for ODF implimentation Preview and nothing as stated in the articles title.. "Microsoft is trying to grab control of ODF" o_O

I believe the reason for that would be the delay for them to finally do something about ODF. They did try to get OOXML as a standard and it did , which is kind of ironic cause if I recall right the Standards war started due to the need of an "Open" standard. Not to mention the inability to produce a full blown implementation. Now the efforts look more like damage control in my view. But then again who knows, Microsoft is known for their business strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.