Microsoft going Linux Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

planetcall

Indian by heart
......So it's begun. Microsoft is admitting in its financial filings that Linux and open source are eating into its revenues. Worse for them, they say, is that what they're seeing is the tip of the iceberg.......

......What we're seeing is similar to what's been happening in the field of mathematics for centuries. Math is essentially an open source phenomenon. Everyone publishes their results for others to see and build on. In fact, math may have been the original open source technology. But just because everyone gets to use algebra, geometry, and calculus for free doesn't mean we're running out of new math problems to solve. In fact, just the opposite is true.......

Source: Microsoft Titanic, Meet Mr Open Source Iceberg

Review: HumbleBlogger

praka123

left this forum longback
:D We all want Microsoft to grow,because an economic factor starts growing using their products...more employment will be generated and .net technology is the technology for tomorrow;what is the use of Java its a waste
considering .net.Open source is a waste thing this Linux proponents starts bluffing,nothing to fear about it.nobody even understand how the dsf will we make money from Open Source....Microsoft rules.... 8)

This will be the reaction of most guys here about Linux i Think..... :roll:

OP
planetcall

planetcall

Indian by heart
prakash kerala said:
:D We all want Microsoft to grow,because an economic factor starts growing using their products...more employment will be generated and .net technology is the technology for tomorrow;what is the use of Java its a waste
considering .net.Open source is a waste thing this Linux proponents starts bluffing,nothing to fear about it.nobody even understand how the dsf will we make money from Open Source....Microsoft rules.... 8)

This will be the reaction of most guys here about Linux i Think..... :roll:

You speak what Bill gates one said. Well listen buddy. Open source has survived more than the life of Microsoft. It is here to stay and will probably be there even after Microsoft is gone. Apache is just one of the example. Also a few opensource have better business model. In the opensource industry MYSQL is considered to have the best bizz model.
Now talking of JAVA. Java is here to stay either. I dont know if you are a programer or not but if you do some research over both the programming platforms you will find how similar they are but still Java is having much solid framework than .net is. The only thing that .net boasts of is the pile of dollors behind it. In the mobile segment in particular what I see is a Java dominated world. WindowsCE and others are a big flop venture. Hope peeps agree to it.

praka123

left this forum longback
b/w i am a Linux/OSS afficianado dont misunderstand me i jus want to portray what these M$ Guys are thinking of OSS/Linux.These are the reactions i got whenever i talked about OSS/Linux/GPL.out of frustration i wrote that :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom