Micromax Funbook

red dragon

Master troll
You recharge(more than Rs 200)from Vodafone online...get Rs 100 coupon from ebay(on purchase of more than Rs 200)
Nice deal actually!Bought a bunch of screen protectors for 4s dirt cheap!!

tkin

Back to school!!
I'm totally fed up with the Wifi not working. Sometimes it connects, sometimes it doesn't.

Any advice?
Restart tab. restart wifi, make sure to forget the old network, change wifi pin, make sure no other device is connected with the router, change wifi name, repeat and rinse, pray to god.

The exact steps that I followed earlier, fine for now, dunno for how long.

Andrew

Right off the assembly line
my funbook worked good, until this happend, it shut down automatically, & when i switched on again it shows micromax logo afterwards a blank white screen..could't do anything afterwards..can any one tell me how to reset??

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks a lot guys to make me tempt and greedy enough to get this Tab :D

Today got the delivery of gray back funbook :)

now I even couldnt open anything coz its asking for some registration...I hope prepaid tataphoton plus works on it (not only the post paid one) else i dont have a wifi network at home

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj

now I even couldnt open anything coz its asking for some registration...I hope prepaid tataphoton plus works on it (not only the post paid one) else i dont have a wifi network at home

Congrats bro !! :mrgreen: :-D
Yup it will work...

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks bro...

I havent played much to give a judgement...but the screen is very responsive...just that it lags sometimes after I open 2-3 things one after other :D

the screen guard I got on tab is very clean and without bubbles from flipkart...will put new screen guard after sometime now...and will post a pic of it soon :)

tkin

Back to school!!

Those are micromax apps, useless, click the small grid icon on top right to open app menu to find all apps, looks like you've never used an android phone before, the app menu is accessed from top right, you can drag app icons to home screen.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yup never ever touched android ...although used wp,sym,s40.ios :D

yaah i went to that file manager...

i didnt find any uninstaller nor terminate any running application

tkin

Back to school!!
yup never ever touched android ...although used wp,sym,s40.ios :D

yaah i went to that file manager...

i didnt find any uninstaller nor terminate any running application
To uninstall apps, click and hold icon from app menu, it will come to home screen, then drag it to uninstall text on top.

Micromax apps can't be uninstalled normally.

sujoyp

Grand Master
thanks a lot...will play with android tonight and then will ask stupid questions on android forum :D

I read some discussion here regarding installing google play saperately ...but I can download directly from google play...yesterday downloaded winamp and facebook for android from it

am i missing something?? or mmx have updated the market?

Also guys please suggest good applications for
uninstallation software
terminate running software
office
video player
music player

I am very new to android and I was lost yesterday after looking at those unlimited list of similar softwares :D

Terabyte

In the zone
sujoyp said:
thanks a lot...will play with android tonight and then will ask stupid questions on android forum :D
Don't worry, it happens with everyone new to Android :razz:

sujoyp said:
I read some discussion here regarding installing google play saperately ...but I can download directly from google play...yesterday downloaded winamp and facebook for android from it
Yes you are missing out something!
Actually in some custom ROM(don't remember the exact name) the play store app is not installed, so you need to separately install it later on.
In stock ROM you don't need to install Play store since its already available.

sujoyp said:
uninstallation software -> Titanium Backup, although you can simply uninstall an app from Settings -> Apps -> Select the app to be uninstalled and click on Uninstall button
terminate running software -> No need of separate s/w IMO, simply Go to Settings -> Apps -> Running tab -> Stop the required process/app
office -> Funbook comes with Documents to Go 3.0 which is very good IMO. Other free option is Kingston Office
video player -> MX Player
music player -> Using stock music player currently so can't recommend any :)
Replied in Blue
sujoyp said:
I am very new to android and I was lost yesterday after looking at those unlimited list of similar softwares :D
Same here, just too many options to choose from :-D

tkin

Back to school!!

uninstallation software
terminate running software
office
video player
music player

Uninstallation software: Titanium backup, this will allow you to uninstall system software, remove system softwares through this(like Mstore), be careful, a wrong touch(which happens a lot with funbook) could uninstall a necessary system software and make your system useless, always backup the software before uninstalling it, for non system software uninstall from normal app settings.

Terminate running software: Advanced task killer(made by Rechild), this won't stop softwares that have running separate services(green apps in advanced task killer), in android no task killer app could close them, you need to force stop them for app settings menu, you could directly open that menu from advanced task killer(long press a green running app).

Office: Kingsoft office. The documents to go that comes free with funbook works good as well but can't be updated due to some signing error, you could uninstall using titanium and reinstall it from play store.

Video player: MXplayer works very good, but has minor hitching issues, also get VLC media player, its really good as well.

Music player: Stock player is great, but has minor issues with audio hitching, you could try winamp and real player(I'm using this).

PS: The default android store is updated to google play as soon as you start it, its play store now.

blackpearl

The Devil
Restart tab. restart wifi, make sure to forget the old network, change wifi pin, make sure no other device is connected with the router, change wifi name, repeat and rinse, pray to god.

The exact steps that I followed earlier, fine for now, dunno for how long.

Ha ha.. done all that. It worked once, but not this time.

I have a backup of the ROM made before this Wifi trouble started. I will try to Flash it and see if that works.

Is this a hardware problem or ICS problem?

tkin

Back to school!!
Ha ha.. done all that. It worked once, but not this time.

I have a backup of the ROM made before this Wifi trouble started. I will try to Flash it and see if that works.

Is this a hardware problem or ICS problem?
This is an ICS problem, this problem has existed in android for a long time, from gingerbread days, google couldn't fix it, just like how they couldn't fix chrome for android.

In my case,turning off wifi, and restarting works mostly.

srm_harish

Right off the assembly line
Original Funbook Rom Required

Hi All,

Can you please help me by uploading your Original Fun book rom with baseband version 1.0?

Recently i have given Funbook to service center and they have upgraded my rom to 1.2 but it is not stable at all... so much of bugs....

so i would like to have the one which was released initially with Grey Colour fun book?

Thanks in advance

Top Bottom