Micromax A116 vs Galaxy Grand, the benchmark numbers

sharang_3

Journeyman
Now I do know the forum rules here and wouldn't risk getting banned just for a few clicks but this one is exclusive (took me 2 hrs) and too interesting to be not shared. :)
Micromax A116 Canvas HD's processor and GPU gets benchmarked
Basically the 1.2 GHz quad core processors eats the galaxy grand's processor for lunch. It manages to outperform even xolo 900 and every other smartphone in the price range. The GPU goes neck to neck with galaxy grand but the higher resolution on the canvas HD takes its toll on the gpu.

OP
S

sharang_3

Journeyman
Can you lay more focus on the SoC used in SGS Grand [Specially the VC GPU]??
Unfortunately there's not much available on the chipset just yet. I went through a lot of pages and a lot of Youtube videos but these numbers were all i could find. Once more people start using it, maybe we'll have more info about it. :)

Last edited:

nikufellow

In the zone
:eek:
the gpu benchs fall pretty short of videocore one in grand , is that the best mediatek had to offer ?
still a VFM @ 14k i guess !

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Grand uses BCM28155 - dual core 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex A9 + dual core Broadcom VideoCore IV

GLBenchmark 2.1 Egypt Classic - Onscreen:
Samsung Galaxy Grand 6538 Frames (57.9 Fps)
Micromax A116 4886 Frames (43.2 Fps)

GLBenchmark 2.1 Egypt Classic - Offscreen (1080p):
Samsung Galaxy Grand 3681 Frames (32.6 Fps)
Micromax A116 3651 Frames (32.3 Fps)

While raw performance of both GPUs is quite similar, Grand will give better fps while gaming because of low res screen

BTW nice blog sharang

Top Bottom