Micro SD card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
yesterday i formatted my 2gb micro sd card and found that it now supports only 1.42gb instead of the 1.9gb i was getting till yesterday:mad:i have this card for over two months now.

also in my 5300 music player whenever it starts for the first time it takes almost 4min to start and about 2min to switch categories like from albums to artists.it used to work fine in the beginning without not more than a second delay:(

K

krazyfrog

Moral of the story: Don't buy cheap unbranded memory cards. Always buy original, even if you've to pay more:D.

OP
R

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
i have transcend original card i will take it for replacement

i don't know how to format my 5300 there is no option other than restore factory settings

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
*#7370# is nothing but the code for "restore factory settings".
Try to format it once on the pc using the Mass Storage mode.

K

krazyfrog

^^ Nope. *#7370# is a code for formatting the phone. *#7780# is the code to restore factory settings. The first code, however only works in Nokia's smartphones. You cannot format the phone memory of 5300.

OP
R

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
should i get the phone replaced too coz it seems it hasn't slowed down only the opening app or playing file animation gets stuck and this causes the delay

He28

Still learning...
I was facing similar issue and guys at Digit Forum suggested me to format the Memory Card using USB card reader. Make a Complete Format using FAT file system (not FAT32). Once the formatting is done successfully, immidiately run ScanDisk. This may help you.
All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom