Mice needed. G9X or Corsair M90 or else?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Guess it's time to change my super comfortable and ultra reliable G9, more than four years it's been pleasuring me but guess it's time for a change. I was definitely going for the G9X until I saw some Corsair mice, like M90 and some. Anyone using them here? Good for price?
I am palm gripper btw. And the back/forward (side buttons) are a must. Also the precise/smooth wheel would be nice to have like G9.
Budget is ~4.5k.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Please stick to Logitech, Corsair or Microsoft, nothing else.

r4gs

In the zone
Well, the Corsair M90 has been my personal favourite in terms of ergonomics. However, it has a horribly hard middle-click and the mouse is heavy with no adjustable weights. If you really are going for a Corsair, go for the M95. It's an updated version of the M90 and is vastly superior simply because of how comfortable they've made the buttons.

Consider the Corsair M95 only if you're interested in a heavy mouse.

However, if you like the Logitech G9 then you'll love the G9x. There are really no flaws that we could find with that mouse.

I know you've insisted on just three brands, but if you're willing to consider a Razer and a slightly stretched budget, do take a look at the Razer Ouroboros. I can personally attest to the quality of that 4G sensor. It honestly seems to be miles ahead of anything we've seen in our labs. The mouse itself is an ergonomic conundrum but it can be customized.

Another superb mouse is the ROCCAT Kone. 5k, large and comfy and extremely precise.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Thanks r4gs.
Well I can tell you two flaws of G9, a- On season changes (especially in between Spring to Summer) I have to blow hot air from my mouth to avoid double click (mice double clicks on single click), and until I saw the Logitech forum I kept thinking I had a faulty unit, and b- that wide load grip, and the materials used to make it, I mean mine peeled off just after 18 months or so, and I so so loved that grip! Now I don't if these problems are existing on G9X too or not!
I had no idea the M90 was a heavy mice, damn, I don't like heavy mice at all! I used my G9 all the time without the weight cartridges, other than very few times when I loaded some weight was some difficult sniping environment. So I obviously prefer a light weight mice.
And thanks for reminding me about Ouroboros, I always like it, that design especially, but really don't have the budget.
So I think it's G9X.......maybe..

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Medium semi large palm get the Roccat Kone +
Larges palms and youll be better off with a G9x.

I like the Roccat more in this case.

r4gs

In the zone
Thanks r4gs.
Well I can tell you two flaws of G9, a- On season changes (especially in between Spring to Summer) I have to blow hot air from my mouth to avoid double click (mice double clicks on single click), and until I saw the Logitech forum I kept thinking I had a faulty unit, and b- that wide load grip, and the materials used to make it, I mean mine peeled off just after 18 months or so, and I so so loved that grip! Now I don't if these problems are existing on G9X too or not!
I had no idea the M90 was a heavy mice, damn, I don't like heavy mice at all! I used my G9 all the time without the weight cartridges, other than very few times when I loaded some weight was some difficult sniping environment. So I obviously prefer a light weight mice.
And thanks for reminding me about Ouroboros, I always like it, that design especially, but really don't have the budget.
So I think it's G9X.......maybe..

Double-click on single click is a very prevalent problem in mice, at least in our TC. Almost all our long-term mice, the Sidewinder, Razer Imperator, G9X, G500, G300, all developed that issue over time. The only mice that held their own were the Verbatim V1 the Corsair M60 and of course, Raaabo's personal mouse which is a "vintage" Razer mouse that isn't even in production now. My personal mouse, the Abyssus has also never had issues either, though it's a bit too light for my taste.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Could you possible tell me how much does the M65/M95 weigh? Would like to know how much heavier they are than the G9.
Also I see that the M60/M90 doesn't have any scroll wheel toggling option like the G9, is that right? I loved that feature on the G9, for web browsing the free flow wheel and for gaming the precise wheel.

Last edited:
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Bringing this post up.
I have gone out of those three brands and I think I am interested in Roccat. These two models, Kone XTD and Kone Pure. Not sure which one to get. Also they have warranty of just one year, which is kinda short, don't know why!
I am buying tomorrow, kindly suggest.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Bringing this post up.
I have gone out of those three brands and I think I am interested in Roccat. These two models, Kone XTD and Kone Pure. Not sure which one to get. Also they have warranty of just one year, which is kinda short, don't know why!
I am buying tomorrow, kindly suggest.

you do only get 1 year warranty with mice. if you are buying a mice just for desktop work and your resolution is nothing more than 1080p id suggest sticking with steelseries ikari. anyways id steer clear of razer mice if i was looking for durability. the mx series and the g series from logitech is known to develop the non working left click issue.

as far as roccat is concerned, 8200dpi is just overkill. and really anything over 3200 dpi is just a waste. You want a mouse which has better tracking i.e. engine fps if you play games. And not dpi.

and if i were you, id get a cheap 2.5k ~ ish mouse and change every 3-4 years. Im using the steelseries kinzu optical right now, and its lasted me fine since the last 3 years..but even my razer copperhead works ( 4.5 yrs ) , so does my intelli 3.0 ( 3.5 yrs ) and so does my da 3g ( 3 yrs ) and so does my mx 518 ( 6 yrs ).. in extreme usage. Like a lot of clicking... a lot ....

so its upto you. Just select the mouse with a good grip and you should be fine.

@ r4gs are you referring to the razer boomerang?

Last edited:
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Okay I am not a mice freak like you, that's why I am searching before buying. I don't like to change this type of stuffs often! And about DPI, anything above 2000/2200 is meaningless for me. For normal purpose I use 1400, 1200 while photoshopping and precise stuffs, and for game I use either 1000 or 1200 max! I have no idea how some people play 2000 DPI for FPS games! Anyway....! Thanks for your input.
What I don't understand is how this optical mice is better than laser mice anyway!
I like this Steelseries Sensei, now a lot of people say it has bad sensor! I like the Razer Taipan, don't know how it is!
I am just gonna go to the store and see the above mice, if I like any one of them, will buy it, or maybe the G9X! Damn, there was not a single product in my house for which I have read these many confusing stuffs over the net!

Last edited:
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
So easy to say in a country where you don't have the option to test a product before buying. So 'let my palm decide' point is moot :rolleyes:

Last edited:

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Okay I am not a mice freak like you, that's why I am searching before buying. I don't like to change this type of stuffs often! And about DPI, anything above 2000/2200 is meaningless for me. For normal purpose I use 1400, 1200 while photoshopping and precise stuffs, and for game I use either 1000 or 1200 max! I have no idea how some people play 2000 DPI for FPS games! Anyway....! Thanks for your input.
What I don't understand is how this optical mice is better than laser mice anyway!
I like this Steelseries Sensei, now a lot of people say it has bad sensor! I like the Razer Taipan, don't know how it is!
I am just gonna go to the store and see the above mice, if I like any one of them, will buy it, or maybe the G9X! Damn, there was not a single product in my house for which I have read these many confusing stuffs over the net!

im not a mouse freak. Optical mice are not better than laser mice always. The optical sensor is just less accurate than the laser mice for other surfaces.

i would really suggest staying away from roccat, unless you are looking for the cheapest mouse customization money has to offer.

i did not want to post this but here it is :

Absurd Minds • View topic - Best Mice for First Person Shooters

*www.esreality.com/wiki/Hardware:Mice_Sensors

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
The optical sensor is just less accurate than the laser mice for other surfaces.

i did not want to post this but here it is :

Absurd Minds • View topic - Best Mice for First Person Shooters
Well to be honest that's the worst article I've ever seen. The mice I like are there under 'sensor flaw' list, and all the optical mice are recommended! Jeez. Thanks for putting that article anyway.
Btw, I'm not buying any optical mice, also I just came from M.D and after seeing the Roccat Savu and Kone Pure its just not cutting the deal! Don't like the size, the shape and all.
My mind is set, it's either the Taipan or the G9X. The G9X is my choice due to its 3 year warranty. But that Taipan is just awesome looking, I love it, but that 1 year warranty :( It matters more to me the shape and size to me rather than the sensor.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
So easy to say in a country where you don't have the option to test a product before buying. So 'let my palm decide' point is moot :rolleyes:

I just came from M.D and after seeing the Roccat Savu and Kone Pure its just not cutting the deal! Don't like the size, the shape and all.
My mind is set, it's either the Taipan or the G9X. The G9X is my choice due to its 3 year warranty. But that Taipan is just awesome looking, I love it, but that 1 year warranty :( It matters more to me the shape and size to me rather than the sensor.

I was about to mention MD computers where you can check some mice if not all,so its not exactly moot,eh? So your palms did decide! :razz:

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
That was a demo unit, they obviously didn't let me open any sealed unit. So my point stands, lol.
Anyway, have any advice on the above, Taipan or G9X?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I love the Taipan ergonomics but wouldnt personally go for a Razer though Taipan has the best sensor in that range.I agree with everyone who says we dont need over 1800Dpi,so the dual 4G 8200 dpi point of Taipan stands defeated and even more so with a measly 1 year warranty and of late Razers quality isues. But as a product Taipan is great. This guy here has put it the best way,I couldnt better him Read it...
RAZER TAIPAN ( IN-DEPTH REVIEW )

The G9X and G500 uses the ADNS-9500 and that sensor had initial problems with acceleration and lifts. Hope that is resolved now.

Top Bottom