Media Player Classic Crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
This is a problem which I've been facing with Media Player classic for almost 2 years!
:mad: Whenever I install K-Lite Codec Pack and then VLC (in XP), things go southside. By that I mean every Video file format which is whether to be default opened with VLC or MPC, plays only in Windowed mode. As soon as Alt+Enter is pressed , screen goes bluish-black, whilst Audio is still audible. This used to happen with all the formats except Real Media but this time around this infection has spread to Real Media files too.
I'm getting this trouble in my 32-bit and 64-bit XP, my 64-bit Vista is working fine but the thing is in 64-bit versions of OS, I'm running 32-bit version of th application, so what the hell could be the problem?
I've tried setting the Video renderers to system default, Direct Output, Haali, Gabest but nothing works. Please tell me what's the root of the problem and probable solution. :(

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Remove vlc & set video files to open with media player classic. Media player classic + k lite codec pack = Plays almost any type of file.

Remove VLC man. If you have Klite, then you dont need VLC. MPC is far better than VLC and is the swiss army knife for movie watchers :)

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
My GPU, ATi HD4850 is primed with latest drivers and hotfix so no trouble from there. I earlier had Nvidia card and there too the problem persisted.

@Plasma_Snake:*forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=128616
Try posting your problem here.I too have HD 4850 and win XP but never have this problem or even before with my igp.
Try using some utility to clean all codecs totally from your PC.
Regards to vlc look wether output is through opengl or not if its is reinstall it because with me it goes all crazy.
With MPC you might try to install only player and stuff during installation and install ffdshow tryouts separately.
Also I believe VLC and MPC can never cause conflicts to each other because VLC totally uses its own dlls for playback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom