Meddling the Middle Classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
But IMO there is not point talking if you cant make the talk walk

if you so distressed by it, then get yourself into a position of power where you hob-nob with the power elite of the country and become person who is capable of dictating the countries policy decisions
there is not point in talking about making a walk or even knowing it, if you don't start to talk. ( IF only Gandhi had thought like you and stopped fighting with non-violence for it dint yield into fruition initially...)
but then, you shouldn't be having any problems I guess, coz your opinion is to always go with the system, right?

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
grudgy it took u 15 mins - it took these govt guys 7months and 4 visits from me to get my voter card made - all docs properly signed and given everything first time itself
I also don't have voter card. I voted in the State and General Election with my Driving license. I don't think this voter ID is mandatory, EC themselves said any ID issued by the govt. (Driving License, Passport, etc..) is sufficient.

I hardly see any middle class people (leave alone the 'elite') at the election booth. IMO, it's because of us that we're in this issue.

legolas

Padawan
Why are you blaming the govt? I thought that the people are the ones who voted them to power?

and I thought, India is a democratic country and that the government is for the people... without any discrimination :) and people retort against any potential injustice or conflicting opinions (at least the majority who are offended) to voice their concerns and to shed light into the issue and the government would be obliged to think/rethink and justify the issue laid and convince the people reg. the good the plan can lead to!! :D
there are no rights and wrongs - only power

good punch line for a movie! :D a few get brainwashed too! ;)

Last edited:
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Can someone explain to me the need for reservations? I'm not sarcastic or anything. I'm totally confused. Where are there reservations anyway?

imagine sonia gandhi at a rally in UP bihar jharkhand saying:

humne paanch naye iit banaye

and now imagine her saying:

humne aap jaise *deprived* logon ke liye reservation karaye

- now whats gonna turn into more votes whats gonna get them more mileage

slugger

Banned
No matter which govt comes to power minority appeasement will contnue as long as they constitute a significant population of the country

This Reservation bill was passed in the Parliament with unanimous result...even the commies did not oppose the bill that is based on casteist lines

no party can oppose this bill and hope to win a seat the next election...sad and unfortunate it is but also equally true

drgrudge

You think politicians are elected by our votes?
Then? Yeah, they might bribe a few, give money and ask to vote for them but what the middle class and the upper class did during the election day?

With the paper ballots done away and EC given sufficient power, I don't think there's any rigging in the polls.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
they simply cant oppose they do it they are screwed any party who opposes this bill is f*cked in elections

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
imagine sonia gandhi at a rally in UP bihar jharkhand saying:

humne paanch naye iit banaye

and now imagine her saying:

humne aap jaise *deprived* logon ke liye reservation karaye

- now whats gonna turn into more votes whats gonna get them more mileage

That is a political reason. What is the justification the govt. gives for implementing reservations? I mean, what is the motive behind reservations (the ideal motive I mean which is in the party's CMP).

Pathik

Google Bot
*www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/002200804101625.htm
Now why(TF) is Ramadoss disappointed by the exclusion of the creamy layer?

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@ani

it is needed to improve the std of living and providing equal opportunities to all no matter what caste or creed they belong to

drgrudge

and I thought, India is a democratic country and that the government is for the people... without any discrimination :) and people retort against any potential injustice or conflicting opinions (at least the majority who are offended) to voice their concerns and to shed light into the issue and the government would be obliged to think/rethink and justify the issue laid and convince the people reg. the good the plan can lead to!! :D
Yes, I think you've learnt your lesson the hard way. Never mind, everyone make mistakes. Next time around don't vote for Congress, BJP, BSP, NCP, Left or whomever you think is not suitable to run the govt.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
it is needed to improve the std of living and providing equal opportunities to all no matter what caste or creed they belong to
How are they "providing equal opportunities to all" by implementing "reservations". Isn't reservations a fundamentally opposite thing what they wanna implement?

I mean.. equal opportunities with reservations??!!?? :lol:

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Yes, I think you've learnt your lesson the hard way. Never mind, everyone make mistakes. Next time around don't vote for Congress, BJP, BSP, NCP, Left or whomever you think is not suitable to run the govt.
u know what, when they were shifting to the electronic machines talks of having none of the above were there, but then the EC realised that putting this would result in a hung assembly and no proper govt will be formed and that is the reason why none of the abv is not included

slugger

Banned
*www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/002200804101625.htm
Now why(TF) is Ramadoss disappointed by the exclusion of the creamy layer?

that is because most of the economically poor OBC would be unable to fill up the seats
once they lose the chance the seats become available for the open category students

it is the Creamy layer who fill up magority of the OBC seats anyway

so in effect the bill in its current form will not act as a total minority appeasement decision

Mark my words Creamy layer will also be included with some ammendments to the law

legolas

Padawan
we all agree every1 makes mistakes. but your telling that "we elected the government so don't blame them" is what I find difficult to comprehend.
we elected the government to do good for us, realizing its democratic and that people will question the decisions if it is wrong or condescending, everyone makes mistakes. if they think its good, justify it. not with crazy talk. but with the good it will inflict upon the community to make the better world tomorrow!! :eek:

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
How are they "providing equal opportunities to all" by implementing "reservations". Isn't reservations a fundamentally opposite thing what they wanna implement?

I mean.. equal opportunities with reservations??!!?? :lol:
im not saying its the govts who are saying this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom