Max Payne - The Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
If you all remember, in the game there were those episodes when Max was in dream/hallucination state, maybe they replaced those moments with those dark angels…, but I guess that remains to be seen. Anyway, it looks surprisingly well, they really played the game it seems, and they got in the spirit of it. Can’t wait to see it!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Trailer looks cheap, where is the original music ?

hard_rock

Salieri Family
I'm expecting Bullet time effect in this movie...Otherwise it will become yet-another-action-movie...If I am not wrong, Max Payne introduced Slow-Motion in games...

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
^^
Yes ...
But there are other Hollywood movies released which have also used Slow Motion & Shoot Dodge ...

Latest Movie I saw featuring them .... Wanted. (Stunts are cool here ... Story is OK )

Hrithan2020

In the zone
I'm expecting Bullet time effect in this movie...Otherwise it will become yet-another-action-movie...If I am not wrong, Max Payne introduced Slow-Motion in games...

Now, most of the action movies do have bullet time effect ( slow mo, at least). So to dissociate it from other action films, it just has to stay true to game's script(ie. retain the core feel of the game) ( thought game's script had potential to be a good,dark, action, thriller).

Last edited:

Indyan

Here Since 2003
I saw the trailer and liked what I saw. But I would have preferred the MP voice actor to do MP's part. For me the best part about MP is his baritone voice. And that guy is an actual actor.

faraaz

Evil Genius
They're going for a more "Sin City" style theme in the movie I thought, which could be good, depending on how they work it out. Mark Wahlberg is the PERFECT Max Payne. As for Mila Kunis, don't underestimate her. She's an incredibly talented actress, and I'm optimistic as to how she will play the role. From the trailer, she looked bad-ass enough. =D

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I hope this will be good :).

I dunno this actress but I think she will do it fine. Mark Wahlberg is awesome.

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
^^
Hope so.
The game was very popular ... It will be tuff to match its reputation though.

Yeah ,and IMHO the guy who portrayed Max Payne in first movie looked that he really was on the fringe of sanity and could pull of those shootouts that he does in the game.
The second was good to play but didn't have that feel to it.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Hitman was Ok typo.....Max Payne will be avg also I think...u cant just make a whole game into good movie in just some 2-3 hrs...

Off topic :
Grim Fandango..yeah that a goood game ..with unusual story..I have played it fully [:)]..T 159 can u suggest similar games ?

Status
Not open for further replies.