NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^ MassEffect 3 is being developed on a brand new engine which was created internally at Bioware.

You an insider? lulz.

Anyway, here's some more info:

-Tali is confirmed squadmate
"Garrus, Liara, Kaidan, Ashley and (newly confirmed) Tali are all full
time members of your team if they survived the previous games."

-Wrex?
"I asked point blank about Wrex and got as close to a 'no' as I think Bioware will come at this early stage: exceutive producer Casey Hudson simply re-emphasised that such characters canplay a role and fight alongside you without necessarily being permanent squad members."

-No new Romance in ME3 - Cool.

-Biotics are more potent in combat
"Biotics can use their Pull ability to rip a shield out of someone's hands" (I dont get this)

-Multi Layered combat areas
"The games combat spaces have graduated from the often-familiar open areas dotted with low walls. They're now multi layed encouraging you to seek high ground for a better vantage point...[the rest is about Cerberus rocket boot dudes using this to their advantage]

-class Specific Melee attacks
Engineer: Omni-tool fire lash attack
Adept: Melee (biotic) attack that knocks everyone near them away and stuns

-Powers Evolve more than once
"In ME3 this is just the start. A Vanguard player can customise their devastating Charge move first to slam people harder, then do more damage, then to reduce the cooldown.

-Powers combine
Example given with Soldier: "Soldier still has an arcing attack called Concussive Shot, but it now behaves differently depending on the ammo ugrade he/she is using. Cryo ammo lets you use that same trajectory to deliver a blast of ice that canfreeze every enemy in the area."

-Story is more like ME1 than ME2 - Great!

-Places being visited (at least what the Magazine reports):
[...]mission takes you to the Salarian homeworld, the Quarian homeworld, the Asari homeworld, and the human homeworld - Earth. You'll even go to Mars [...]

-Every major character you have met will play a role in the last game

-Why is Cerberus after Shepard? They are working with the Reapers
"If your wondering why we were fighting Cerberus, having worked closely with this shadowy organisation in Mass Effect 2, the answer just raises further questions. They are wokring with the Reapers"

-Reaperized enemies include Asari, Krogan, Rachni
"In Mass Effect 3 we'll fight the Reapers other experiments, with other species.
One is a hideously bloated pregnant Asari, her gums stripped away and a robot skeleton showing through her rotting flesh"

"The Reapers take on the Rachni, who were already viscious insect monsters,are covered with bulging savs of lesser creatures. Rather than hitting their weak spot for massive damage, you want to avoid it like the plague: bursting any of these sacs before the creature is dead wit will unleash a swarm of horrible mini-rachni that crawl all over your body"

"The Reaperised Krogan wears heavy armor plates that can shear off with enough focused fire. Once you do the creature changes its behaviour to be more defensive clutching its lurid blue intestines to its stomach as its lumbers towards you"

"One Reaper creature draws life force from anything that dies near it.
The time-honoured strategy of taking out the easy enemies first ends up
being counter-productive: you make the creature stronger than it would
have been with its allies alive."

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
What the....? Where's Miranda? We had a great time in our last encounter. Aren't they bringing her back in this game? :(

varunb

Working in an IT company
I guess they are keeping her under wraps. She gives her resignation to Cerberus if you choose the paragon choice in the suicide mission against the final boss battle which means she is on your side now or its some Cerberus trick to fool Shepard.

Here's the link: PC Gamer: Mass Effect 3 Article (scans)

I am still very annoyed about the reveal that Cerberus is working for Reapers due to possible reaper indoctrination !

UPDATE: From Chris Priestly, a moderator at Bioware social forums ->
While there is indeed an article in PC Gamer, keep in mind unless the article says "Casey Hudson said..." or similar, what they are writing is their take on the information they have seen (this applies to ALL media/magazines/websites, etc). Don't get too worked up on any one item until you hear it confirmed by BioWare someplace.

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
varunb said:
I guess they are keeping her under wraps. She gives her resignation to Cerberus if you choose the paragon choice in the suicide mission against the final boss battle which means she is on your side now or its some Cerberus trick to fool Shepard.
Well I sincerely hope that they bring her back. She was the most important character in ME2 and of course a real nice piece of ass. :)) Damn hot don't want to miss her.
Well its good that we are finally going to home worlds of other species but there is no mention about turians which are most combative species in the ME galaxy and their support will be important.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Miranda? Who the hell's Miranda? ;) I only remember badass-es in games. In this game it's Shepard and Garrus <- badarse-es.

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
NVIDIAGeek said:
Miranda? Who the hell's Miranda?
Come on man she was damn good in the game. She is a kind of mysterious girl with strange family and everything. I really liked her in combat in fact she was with me at almost all the fights and was my best squad member for any missions. If she won't be in ME3 I'll surely miss her.

Garrus is good and one of the oldest member of team so Its good to have him back although I rarely use him for missions at all but I also want Miranda.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Come on man she was damn good in the game. She is a kind of mysterious girl with strange family and everything. I really liked her in combat in fact she was with me at almost all the fights and was my best squad member for any missions. If she won't be in ME3 I'll surely miss her.

Garrus is good and one of the oldest member of team so Its good to have him back although I rarely use him for missions at all but I also want Miranda.

I couldn't care less about Miranda TBH...

And I used Garrus for ALL missions in both ME1 and 2.

gameranand

Living to Play
NVIDIAGeek said:
I couldn't care less about Miranda TBH...
Now thats more like it. :)
NVIDIAGeek said:
And I used Garrus for ALL missions in both ME1 and 2.
Its all about personal choices afterall you have to use only two from so many members.

When Bioware delayed this game I was glad in one way and sad in other way. Glad because they will polish this game and make a great game with much less bugs unlike DA2 and sad because I am a hardcore ME fan and wants this game ASAP but still I can wait for some months knowing that game will be better than ever and would be one of the best from Bioware.

varunb

Working in an IT company
Huh? That means, I don't give a shyt about Miranda.

You better hide mister because if guys at Bioware social forums find about this, they will just hand you over to the reapers. Even the reapers can't deny that Miranda is hot piece of ass. :lol:

gameranand

Living to Play
varunb said:
You better hide mister because if guys at Bioware social forums find about this, they will just hand you over to the reapers. Even the reapers can't deny that Miranda is hot piece of ass.
Completely true. Damn she is so hot that I watched the whole Chuck season(1,2,,3,4) just because of Yvonni Stravoski who has played role of Miranda and is in Chuck. :)) :D

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Completely true. Damn she is so hot that I watched the whole Chuck season(1,2,,3,4) just because of Yvonni Stravoski who has played role of Miranda and is in Chuck. :)) :D

Offtopic: (Only way to hide is Spoiler tag, sooo...)

Hell.... I didn't know you were so easily attracted. Be a MAN, dammit! Stop droolin'.... (this is 'cause I don't care about females).

On topic: This game's looking good.

varunb

Working in an IT company
Hell.... I didn't know you were so easily attracted. Be a MAN, dammit! Stop droolin'.... (this is 'cause I don't care about females)

HAHA...you don't care about females....there's nothing more to argue with you now. :rofl: Anyways, you want him to be a man just bcos he watched Chuck only for Yvonne. So whats wrong with that ? Initially, I too watched Chuck just to see Yvonne but the tv show wasn't bad.
Infact I should be telling you to be a man since you admitted yourself that you don't care about females :rofl:. Just kidding. :lol:

gameranand

Living to Play
varunb said:
HAHA...you don't care about females....there's nothing more to argue with you now. Anyways, you want him to be a man just bcos he watched Chuck only for Yvonne. So whats wrong with that ? Initially, I too watched Chuck just to see Yvonne but the tv show wasn't bad.
Its not just you and me many and many ME fans did. I wonder how many fans did Chuck gained by ME2. ;);)

Ontopic
What I really liked are the melee powers of the different class. For the biotics its awesome because many times foes come to them and they are not that good with guns so they find themselves in pain and now its a boon. Same goes for engineer. I wonder what would be for soldier who are expert in guns.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
One thing I would like Bioware to retain is the filtered gameplay style used in ME2, rather than going for the ME1's RPG elements. It was a pain trying to use (and manage) a gazillion weapon attachments. Keep it simple, like Mass Effect 2. :)

Top Bottom