Magnus Carlsen Draws first Blood!Vishy loss fifth Game!

vaithy

In the zone
In a significant blow for the World Chess champion Viswanath Anand suffers the first loss of the match, in playing Black pieces in the fifth Game. When I came to Youtube for watching the game already thirthy moves gone.. (usually I give chess match a priority rather than cricket.. but when whole of India is making grand farewell to Sachin i cann't be left alone..
It seem very bad position for the champion when he cann't activate his both bishop and carlsen opt for the early queen exchange..
after 50th move Anand was left with only one pawn against two rook pawn and rook for each player..WGM Susan Polgar give some insteresting analysis where even in the lost position Anand can draw by moving his King to a8,... but alas! wily Magnus seen it clearly and move his rook to h7 where Anand 's king stayed in the 6th file...Every body is waiting for Anand to throw his towel.. because he is very much nervous.. and biting his nails, contrary to Carlsen who was much composed and with bemused look.. When Anand sign the score sheet.. it is all over for him.. some say he is due for double white pieces so he can turn the tide.. but i doubt it.. because anand strength is in Black pieces, where his creative mind excell and reason for he is a champion for the decade.. Carlsen is new face.. even in India he has lot of fans following....let is wait for the 6th game magic...

game56.png

game550.png

vaithy

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Let's hope for the best.

PS: I do play chess but don't know how in "english" moves such as Rd4 (as said above) translates to ! :|

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^very simple.
*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b6/SCD_algebraic_notation.svg/242px-SCD_algebraic_notation.svg.png
Rd4 means rook moves to d4.for details:
Algebraic notation (chess) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
Now the worst News...Anand now lost with White pieces in the 6 th game... carlsen has simply nuke the Anand's hope for the world title..
unless some miracle happen, the Match is already over...

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^^very simple.
*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b6/SCD_algebraic_notation.svg/242px-SCD_algebraic_notation.svg.png
Rd4 means rook moves to d4.for details:
Algebraic notation (chess) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks.

Actually I always got confused between two letters. Didn't know that the first letter pointed to the pieces.

PS: Still I'll have to learn what are they (pieces- pawn,bishop) called in english. Know only a few. :oops:

ashs1

Padawan
yeah..like whitestar_999 said, rd4 is : Rook to D4. :)

its almost a done deal now..Anand trails by 2-4... :(

ashs1

Padawan
Extremely important 9th game today !! Anand HAS to win today so that he has the slightest chance of defeating carlsen..
Good luck anand

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
this is what they mean by born genius over hard work.it is not that geniuses don't work hard but just that to defeat a genius you need a genius.Magnus Carlsen is a bit like Bobby Fischer & Viswanathan Anand,no doubt a world class player,simply can not defeat such a chess prodigy.

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
True, but the 10.000 Hour Rule proves quite handy if you aren't born a natural :D and if you could make those hours count, then you don't need to read this

Top Bottom