Made In India Chips are coming soon as per rumour

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Well, one has to keep an eye on it. After all, this is what is currently going on with state governments involving Intel for notebook processors with the purpose of 'education'.

Chetan1991

Youngling
I think they will have decent quality considering the scale at which transistors are created and speed at which they run. At such level of sophistication, low quality products simply can't be made.

I conclude it from the analogy that a car can take a hit and still run whereas a few birds pose threats to a plane and an even more sophisticated vehicle such as space shuttle can be destroyed just by loss of a few ceramic tiles.
As a machine becomes more sophisticated, the margin of error decreases. Hence it is simply not possible to create products below a certain quality threshold since they won't work at all.

Ravii

Broken In
Wow !!! this is a big leap for india i would say !!! india dont have to pay crores of rupees to some foreign company to get their chips. Also it will improve the economic status of our country if the chips can meet a certain standards....

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
A lot of people have got the situation terribly wrong. This is a fab that will be setup by IBM and ST and they dont intend to give away chips for free. The ONLY reduction in prices would be the possible removal of taxes (hoping that the cutoms is not replaved with some cousin of VAT that makes you shell out the same amount)

Secondly:- the chips *WILL* meet standards. No company can make substandard chips and hope to survive. As a matter of fact there are NO standards in chips like you speak of. The customer sets the standard.

They WILL NOT be named after politicians or Gandhi or the Gods.

Man, the amount of misinformation flowing in this thread is too damn high. :|

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
A lot of people have got the situation terribly wrong. This is a fab that will be setup by IBM and ST and they don't intend to give away chips for free. The ONLY reduction in prices would be the possible removal of taxes (hoping that the customs is not repaved with some cousin of VAT that makes you shell out the same amount)

Secondly:- the chips *WILL* meet standards. No company can make substandard chips and hope to survive. As a matter of fact there are NO standards in chips like you speak of. The customer sets the standard.

+1,to you for your True Correct Information + Interpretation of the news.

Ironman

In the zone
A lot of people have got the situation terribly wrong. This is a fab that will be setup by IBM and ST and they dont intend to give away chips for free. The ONLY reduction in prices would be the possible removal of taxes (hoping that the cutoms is not replaved with some cousin of VAT that makes you shell out the same amount)

IBM is known to me
ST ??:-?

Top Bottom