Made a website for criteria based product tracking

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I've few feedbacks on usability

• When site launches, the first thing anyone sees are the texts (slogans, features)
    • Audience should see your main content first
    • Right now I need to scroll to reach to your filter criteria. Not a good approach. End user must not scroll to reach the USP of your site.
    • Also, the slogs etc, make those part of header (or do away with them)
      • Why not a welcome Popup? Where you write all these and let your main UI be clean and concise
  • Your input fields should be drop downs
    • Why let users type when you can hard-code the data?!
    • Easier for you in building query
    • You've control on what end user inputs
  • Price range too, drop down or slider
  • Email: Is that mandatory field? Does not show to end user. Your main feature is to send email to end user and you are letting users to click on "track!" button without entering any value over there.
  • You main filter criteria options are taking too much space, bring them in one line
    • Decrease font
    • Decrease input box (combo box, drop down etc.) length
* Till I scrolled further I could never guess that you are showing the matching products below filtering criteria too
  • So, this should also be the first thing that the end user must see as they land
    • Now, the content is dynamic, what to show here when no filter is used.
    • You pre-set some filters and show content (Let Mobile by default filter criteria here)
  • Why the button says "buy buy"?
  • Remove Hindi from slogan, make it only English (only an advice)
Above everything, great start and best of luck!

Take a look into this site, something similar of your concept
Compare Best prices Online India @ Buyhatke.com

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
@rhitwick oh man. Thanks a whole lot for taking the time. But I think yourfeedback is for on the old site? plus the new UI is still in development . Apologies. Should have made that clearer. :blush: new beta: Blank Template for Bootstrap
The price drop down is something in my mind too. The dropdown, input combo. May implement it.

btw I had received similar feedback from UX people for the old site. I have tried to keep those points in mind when making the beta one. However it does involve a fair bit of typing though.. which maybe unavoidable.

Edit: I finally found GIT very useful. Git tracks changes to text/code. I never really found it useful, but since it was so recommended, I persisted.
Having made lot of backend changes, I was afraid of things breaking. GIt showed me Exactly what changed were made to individual functions of code.
I avoided testing a script completely, as git showed the exact changes to the script and functions called by the script.! My IDE, phpstorm, has a feature of selecting text and seeing changes for the specific selection/function.
Here is the best git guide I found:

Last edited:
OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Coding 'search' section looks okay. Full product description can be searched. every feature, spec. Reasonably happy.

Want to highlight advanced search operators - or ,not ,phrase .

tvs sony or samsung = TVs from sony or samsung
4k TVs not sony = All TV's except those from SONY (Why though?)
"top load" washing = top loading washing machines.

- All of these can be combined . Ex: tvs "ultra hd" not videocon not jvc lg or samsung || sony or samsung 4k not vu

Would love feedback on this!

Edit:
Could some of you please, try a few queries, and tell if you found what you were expecting ? I feel
Finding the right items is key.

Would really appreciate it. Thanks

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
But still,C & C++ are needed for low level programming so essential for things like drivers/embedded devices etc,right?
But "Hello World" and "Palindrome" pseudo codes won't help in that :lol:
When I was in college, me and my friend from non CS branch helped some in CS/IT branch to complete final year project.

Top Bottom