Lumia 720 vs Xperia L

akhilc47

Journeyman
Hi,
As above mentioned my hunt for phone came down to these two XPERIA L and LUMIA 720. I'm not a techie( obviously that's why I'm here!) so I did some spec comparison. I would like to summarize few points I found important to me.
1. 720 has only 512mb of ram as opposed to 1gb of L. Is the performance of 720 going to be laggy(cpu and gpu seems to be similar)?
2. 720 has only 6.7mp camera( I take lot of photos) but lot of people say picture quality is good. Which one is better here?
3. I know windows has very few free apps compared to droid, but I'm a person who like to download and just fool around various apps. So am I going to be seriously disappointed? Basically what's cons of buying a windows phone?
Both are priced at 16.xk at flipkart
Idk if my queries are sensible or not but thanks for reading.

Can we remove battery of lumia? if not it's bad right?

1. Lumia 720 won't be laggy
2. Both have good camera but can't say which one is better
3. Android would be better for u.

Get Xperia L, my recommendation.........

Lumia 720 has better battery life than L, though. Xperia L should easily last about a day under normal usage

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
Thanks for the reply. but the thing is I've already used Xperia neo v and seen Xperia U with my friend. I think Xperia L will also give the same experience which is good but I'm looking for something new which is why I'm trying for lumia. But scarsity of apps is one thing that's holding me back. another is I've never used windows phone before so I'm a bit worried if I'll waste 16k on something which I don't like. Unremovable battery is that a problem? and tell me about apps on windows?

nikufellow

In the zone
^there's no 'scarcity' of apps for wp, although the grand total might be one fourth of what android has to offer yet all basics are covered. But since you've explicity mentioned that you'd like to 'fool around with various apps' I'd say droid suits you better.

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
thank you
I might buy the phone tomorrow or day after that most probably. I appreciate your suggestions but as I said I'm a bit tired of droid experience. All the people are having it. So I'm still considering Lumia as my first choice.But I still have a few doubts.
1. What about the non-removable battery?
2. Apart from apps is there anything at all about wp that I should know before buying. It'll have all the basic stuffs right? like GPS and everything?
3. I heard there's no FM tuner in Lumia? I mean tuner is a hardware thing so does it mean I can't have radio even with support of app?

Guys please reply
Also what about the file transfer issues in WP. Can I send multiple audio/video?
and is there any app for filemanager?

And windows being against piracy can i play mp3 or video files which are not purchased legally?
Please someone post something I'm running out of time

1. I've ordered a Nexus 4 which doesn't have removable battery. To be true, I have just used removable battery to turn off the phone, when it hangs, that's it. When my S2 was on ICS, it hanged 2-3 times & i removed battery to turn it off. Never used it after updating to JB. WP8 is a smooth OS. So it shouldn't hang.

2. Ya

3. No FM, but i heard that it will support it after an update. They already have FM hardware.

4. No file manager app in phone, but u can connect it to ur PC in mass storage mode & transfer the files u want to it or vice versa. No need of Zune now. Also it support Bluetooth File transfer now

Top Bottom