lsass.exe - System Error....HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLIPKNOT

Broken In
I just formatted C Drive of a machine and loaded WIN XP PROF SP2. ( It was running on WIN 98 SE before). Now when I start the PC, it shows the following messsage and when I press OK it simply reboots.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lsass.exe - System Error
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An I/O operation initiated by the Registry failed unrecoverably. The Registry could not read in, or write out, or flush, one of the files that contain the system's image of the Registry.

[ OK ]

The computer makes it through POST without problems. Windows XP pro splash screen comes on and goes away and this error pops up when you would normally expect the welcome screen or logon prompt.

I have done error-checking on the disk, and can log in SAFE mode. I don't want to refomat. Is it a virus? PLEASE HELP!
Its a Intel Celeron-S 1300 MHz 128 MB RAM 40 GB hard disk machine.
And at the BIOS screen this message comes:
CMOS checksum error- Defaults loaded.
Press F1 to Continue. Del to enter SETUP/Q-Flash
if it helps.

pushkaraj

In the zone
Did u try system restore?

Install some good antivirus like kaspersky or nod32 and after updating it, do a complete system scan.

After that if the problem is not solved, then install hijackthis and post your hijackthis log file here.

47shailesh

Security Exp
^hi,
error shows the symptoms of SASSER WORM infection.
lsass.exe is open to this worm if your system is not updated with *www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...9e-da3f-43b9-a4f1-af243b6168f3&displaylang=en patch.
Steps to remove it:
1) Download Stinger
2)Download MS patch
3) Close all your network connections.
4) Disable System restore.
5) Run Downloaded Stinger.
6) Install downloaded MS patch
7) Reboot
8) Try to keep your OS updated with latest patches

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
for the BIOS error, "CMOS checksum error- Defaults loaded.
Press F1 to Continue. Del to enter SETUP/Q-Flash", maybe battery replacement will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom