Low-cost Aakash tablet to hit U.S. store shelves at $60

socrates

In the zone
India’s homebrewed low-cost Aakash tablet along with DataWind is now going places. This Android tablet will soon hit store shelves in the US and retail for $60 (Rs. 2,999). Moreover, VentureBeat gave a sneak peek into the device which has been flown to the U.S. by Vivek Wadhwa, a columnist from Washington Post.
:D Low-cost Aakash tablet to hit U.S. store shelves at $60

vaithy

In the zone
Don't excited ...'Akash' has no chance against US patents trolls.. selling in India is another matter.. because India doesn't recognised the software patents, legally in India..another matter is the title should be different..
From the linked article what I can understand is , the Tablet in the question was given to WSJ journalist, and he reviewed in the WSJ..
reviewing doesn't means selling..
even in India Akash is a delayed product...

bubusam13

Human
Leave U.S. When will it be available in India for us to buy? I need a low cost tablet for reading eBooks at bed before falling asleep and huge chances are there that I will fall asleep above the tablet. So I need a very cheap one.

vaithy

In the zone
Spec details:

screen: 7-inches; 800-by-400 pixels; Resistive touchscreenOperating system: Android 2.2, FroyoProcessor: 366 MHz Connexant; HD Video co-processor (both with graphics accelerators)Memory: 256MB RAM (internal); 2GB Flash (external)Storage: 2GB card included, expandable up to 32GBPorts: Two USB 2.0; 3.5mm audio out jack; 3.5mm audio in jack (No built-in speakers)Connectivity: GPRS(for commercial version); Wi-Fi 802.11 a,b,gPower: Up to 180 minutes on battery; AC adapter, 200-240 voltWeight: 350 grams

Top Bottom