Low budget rig for office work

andcha

Broken In
Hello guys. Here is Q & A:

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Will be used in my office for Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Medium to Heavy Internet work with Chrome, Heavy email work with Thunderbird(That's it, NO graphic work, video, music or any application)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Have to buy 3 pc for less than 60, i.e, 20k for each rig but considering the usage pattern I would like to keep it as low as possible (15-17k would be ideal)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Absolutely not

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Least possible. Our work won't require more than 100 Gigs, that too on upper side.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, 17 inch + with 1360*768 or + resolution

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Speakers not required

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Immediate, as soon as you tech gurus reply.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have little knowledge of assembling so will do it myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Stay in Gurgaon, will buy stuff from Nehru Place in Delhi

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: 1. I would prefer smallest possible cabinet (space constraint).
2. Daily usage would be 5-7 hours 25 days a month.
3. No software required.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
processor---intel pentium G620/G630---3000
motherboard---gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H---3100
hard disk---160gb sata seagate---2500
ram---1*4gb corsair 1333---1100
psu---any generic 500/600W costing at least ~600(recommended though is good brand costing ~2000 but even cheap one will do)
keyboard+mouse combo---usb intex---400
cabinet---generic intex/iball---600
ups---intex 600VA---1300
monitor---AOC LED 18.5"---4800

total:17400

Top Bottom