Lost Bombay guide book. Would like to have it again.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
During my last visit to Mumbai last year, I lost a guide book that I bought almost 20 years ago, but still found very useful. I wonder if anyone can help me get another copy or a similar publication.

(GPS, Google Maps and Google Earth are great, but nothing beats a book in certain situations).

The guide book was called "Bombay A-Z", published in the early 1990s. It was perhaps slightly larger than a paperback novel, with a colour photo of Marine Drive on the cover. Everything inside is in black-and-white, including the photos.

It was unusual in that, although it was basically a guide map book, it did not have a single large fold-out type of map. Instead it had dozens of detailed maps, each representing a relatively small area, all bound together in book form about a quarter of an inch thick.

Near the beginning of the book, there's a single-page overall map of metropolitan Bombay, divided into small numbered rectangular blocks. Each numbered block is represented in detail on another page. All drawings are neat and professional, unlike many guide maps that have messy, amateurish drawings that are uncomfortable to read.

I'll be very grateful if anyone can help me get another copy. I'll also welcome a chance to get similar guide books for other major Indian cities.

A

athurart09

Great post! It's very nice. Thank you so much for your post.