loose connection problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

anarchy0x

In the zone
this is really really irritating
i got 2 hard disks, a cd writer n a dvd writer
everything is ok (excpet the dvd writer for which i hav made another thread)..
but there is a loose connection ...the drives are detected only when the cables are pushed in really tight .. & its very hard to fit them properly.. i have tried using pieces of sheets of paper so thati can fit them tightly but it still takes a lot of time to connect them. I have to keep on adjusting & pushing it till it finally fits. I am at my wits end.. Help me guys!

Last edited:

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Get it replaced under warranty if its faulty, but before that check the IDE cable & try changing it & see if the problem persist.

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
i did that man .. its still giving problems .. so irritating .. now the mechanictells me i ll hav to get my HDD repaired coz its a fault on the HDD fault .. it doesnt have bad sectors or anything but its not able to suck power .. i m sure its coz of the loose connection but this time inspite of me trying that several times its not getting detected ..
n nthings under warranty

shantanu

Technomancer
i am aware of this problem.

Solution : get a IDE cable and also a E-connector from a shop this is a somewhat large sized connector which fits on your normal connector and now your belt will be super tight (only SUPERMAN CAN PULL IT OUT) :D just joking

and if your power port is loose then its very easy to get a extra connector and plug it in

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
thanks again, shantanu i already got an extra IDE cable but that didnt help..
I ll try to get the E connector tyhough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom