Looking for developers to help in free and opensource project

consc198

Right off the assembly line
Hello,

I am not sure if this is allowed or not – if this post is against any Rules i apologize in advance and this post can be removed.

I am in the process of creating a open-source project to track the Psychological Mood of a person, this application will be used by people visiting psychologists.

Target Audience
People that are currently in therapy or want to keep track of mood changes. The program is based on CBT.
Aim
To provide to the end-user the tools for him to be able to monitor his mood.
To provide to the therapist additional information for the client through the automatic generation of graphs.

We are looking for some volunteers to help with Coding of the Project. The coding has been done in Visual Basic 2010 and currently using MS Access 2007 as the Database.
We're aiming to develop the a feature-rich Psychological Mood Tracker to help the end-users as much as we can.

The Project is hosted on CodePlex; Psychological Mood Tracker

If anyone is interested please feel post here.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Will this app, monitor someone with some Webcam or likes...?
Sounds like you can use Kinect framework for a good use here!

OP
C

consc198

Will this app, monitor someone with some Webcam or likes...?
Sounds like you can use Kinect framework for a good use here!

Hello,

In the first version this application will not have this ability however in the future this will be developed.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I've downloaded your code, will look into it..!!

But I don't commit anything like "I'll be contributing" right at the moment.

But one thing that I'd really like to ask, why Access?? When there is SQL Server / MySQL ??

OP
C

consc198

I've downloaded your code, will look into it..!!

But I don't commit anything like "I'll be contributing" right at the moment.

But one thing that I'd really like to ask, why Access?? When there is SQL Server / MySQL ??

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. Access is less consumptive on space. Additionally and very importantly we need this program to be installed on the end-user computer within seconds as the end-user may find and download this program in a time of crisis so we need the user to be able to use the program within a matter of seconds.

umeshtangnu

NULL_PTR
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.488
System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
clr.dll : 4.0.30319.488 (RTMLDR.030319-4800)
dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
dfshim.dll : 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/hp/Downloads/Psychological%20Mood%20Tracker.application

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\hp\Downloads\Psychological Mood Tracker.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Downloading file:///C:/Users/hp/Downloads/Psychological Mood Tracker.application did not succeed.
+ Could not find file 'C:\Users\hp\Downloads\Psychological Mood Tracker.application'.
+ Could not find file 'C:\Users\hp\Downloads\Psychological Mood Tracker.application'.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [12/21/2011 00:21:43] : Activation of C:\Users\hp\Downloads\Psychological Mood Tracker.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [12/21/2011 00:21:46] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
- Downloading file:///C:/Users/hp/Downloads/Psychological Mood Tracker.application did not succeed.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Net.WebException
- Could not find file 'C:\Users\hp\Downloads\Psychological Mood Tracker.application'.
- Source: System
- Stack trace:
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Net.WebException
- Could not find file 'C:\Users\hp\Downloads\Psychological Mood Tracker.application'.
- Stack trace:
at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponseCallback(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.IO.FileNotFoundException
- Source: mscorlib
- Stack trace:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.Net.FileWebStream..ctor(FileWebRequest request, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare sharing, Int32 length, Boolean async)
at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.
getting this error when i run the setup

OP
C

consc198

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.488
System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
clr.dll : 4.0.30319.488 (RTMLDR.030319-4800)
dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
dfshim.dll : 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/hp/Downloads/Psychological%20Mood%20Tracker.application

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\hp\Downloads\Psychological Mood Tracker.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Downloading file:///C:/Users/hp/Downloads/Psychological Mood Tracker.application did not succeed.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [12/21/2011 00:21:43] : Activation of C:\Users\hp\Downloads\Psychological Mood Tracker.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [12/21/2011 00:21:46] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
- Downloading file:///C:/Users/hp/Downloads/Psychological Mood Tracker.application did not succeed.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Net.WebException
- Stack trace:
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponse()
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Net.WebException
- Stack trace:
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponseCallback(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.IO.FileNotFoundException
- Source: mscorlib
- Stack trace:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.Net.FileWebStream..ctor(FileWebRequest request, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare sharing, Int32 length, Boolean async)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.
getting this error when i run the setup

Hello,

Can you please inform me on the Operating System you have? as well as confirm the version of the Psychological Mood Tracker that you have downloaded.

OP
C

consc198

Win 7 ultimate
version is copied from the codeplex site

Thank you for the reply, i have managed to confirm this BUG - i have added this to our Issue Tracker at Psychological Mood Tracker - moodtracker - View Issue #9050: Error when running Setup on Windows7 and we will be fixing it in the next release.