Looking for a PC in 30K range

abhinav_bipnesh

Journeyman
Hi All,

I am looking for a laptop or a pc in 30K range. Which one should I go for a best deal.
Also what about All in One are they good for buy if so which one I should consider and what will be the minimum price I can get one.

Thanks in advance.

Abhinav

Piyush

Lanaya
fill this
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/128247-pc-build-questionnaire-template.html

Cilus

laborare est orare
Piyush, he is looking for a Laptop, not a desktop:smile:

Abhinav, for your budget, get the Asus X43SJ -VX500D Laptop, the best one in my opinion. It is available @ Rs 29,200 in AnythinginIt.com.

The basic configuration is:-
Core i3 2330M (2.3 GHz, 3 MB L3 Cache, INTEL HD 3000 Gfx)
2 GB DDR3 1333 MHz Ram
500 GB 5400 RPM SATA HDD
Nvidia GT 520 1 GB GDDR3 DirectX11 Graphics card
14" Anti Glare LED @ 1366X768
0.3 Megapixel Web Cam
802.11 b/g/n WiFi
1 Yrs of Global Warranty

The laptop is actually a perfect alrounder. It can be used for day to days activities as well as enable you to enjoy rich multimedia experiene like HD movie watching and gaming. GT 520M is a standard graphics card and let you play all the current gen games in the laptop.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Sorry guys, didn't see that. However, I've suggested the best laptop @ 30K, you guys suggest him the desktop.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Piyush, he is looking for a Laptop, not a desktop:smile:

Abhinav, for your budget, get the Asus X43SJ -VX500D Laptop, the best one in my opinion. It is available @ Rs 29,200 in AnythinginIt.com.

The basic configuration is:-
Core i3 2330M (2.3 GHz, 3 MB L3 Cache, INTEL HD 3000 Gfx)
2 GB DDR3 1333 MHz Ram
500 GB 5400 RPM SATA HDD
Nvidia GT 520 1 GB GDDR3 DirectX11 Graphics card
14" Anti Glare LED @ 1366X768
0.3 Megapixel Web Cam
802.11 b/g/n WiFi
1 Yrs of Global Warranty

The laptop is actually a perfect alrounder. It can be used for day to days activities as well as enable you to enjoy rich multimedia experiene like HD movie watching and gaming. GT 520M is a standard graphics card and let you play all the current gen games in the laptop.

Not only this, i had seen a HCL lappy with:
i5-2410M
500GB HDD
2GB DDR3 RAM
15.6" screen and all the specs mentioned above (w/o) the GPU
selling for 28k

I wont go with as its stuck with only 2.1GHz where as i5 @ 2.3GHz can go upto 3GHz with turbo boost.

OP
abhinav_bipnesh

abhinav_bipnesh

Journeyman
thanks guys.
Its not that I am looking for a PC but basically a portable solution. As all in one comes under PC so I put a that looking for a PC or Laptop.
What about All in one are they not good options.

Cilus

laborare est orare
saswat23, Laptop solution is not for running hardcore benchmarking software all the day or doing CPU intensive calculations all the day. It is mainly targeted for smooth execution of day to day work with some kick in intensive applications. That's why in most real life scenarios the difference between a Mobile i3 2330M and i5 2410M has really negligible performance difference. But the presence of GPU in the Asus one is gonna make some real difference here. 2ndly I have seen HCL Lappies, build quality wise they are simply not upto the mark and cannot be compared with Asus build quality. Also the battery performance is far better in Asus, a main deciding factor for chosing a laptop.

amanj

Right off the assembly line
saswat23, Laptop solution is not for running hardcore benchmarking software all the day or doing CPU intensive calculations all the day. It is mainly targeted for smooth execution of day to day work with some kick in intensive applications. That's why in most real life scenarios the difference between a Mobile i3 2330M and i5 2410M has really negligible performance difference. But the presence of GPU in the Asus one is gonna make some real difference here. 2ndly I have seen HCL Lappies, build quality wise they are simply not upto the mark and cannot be compared with Asus build quality. Also the battery performance is far better in Asus, a main deciding factor for chosing a laptop.

Hiii Cilus, I am interested in this particular laptop as it's got decent config :
2nd Gen dual core Intel B950 at 2.1Ghz & rest all that you have mentioned before. Earlier I was thinking for HP DM1z.

I just want to know that if it's build quality is good enough. And also , there are 2 versions(color) for this: snow white and grey metal.

For grey metal it has that textured design over it, i want to know if that is also for snow white. Please help me reach a decision. And about heating issues, if any.

Also i guess it can handle gaming well at 1024x768. even the newer games with some tweaking in the settings. :p

Cilus

laborare est orare
Hiii Cilus, I am interested in this particular laptop as it's got decent config :
2nd Gen dual core Intel B950 at 2.1Ghz & rest all that you have mentioned before. Earlier I was thinking for HP DM1z.

I just want to know that if it's build quality is good enough. And also , there are 2 versions(color) for this: snow white and grey metal.

For grey metal it has that textured design over it, i want to know if that is also for snow white. Please help me reach a decision. And about heating issues, if any.

Also i guess it can handle gaming well at 1024x768. even the newer games with some tweaking in the settings. :p

Get Asus A43SJ-VX502D. It comes with 2nd Gen Dual Core B940+GT520 1 GB DDR3, 14" form factor and superb batter life ( 4 Hrs+ with normal usage). I got this one at 25K with 4GB Ram upgrade. CAn handle games like MAss Effect 1 & 2, FIFA 2012 with mid setting.

Niilesh

Padawan
GT520 is a lot better than HD3000 (comparing an absolute crap to a lowend GPU). check this

I am talking about 520M
And I remembered correctly
Check This

As an entry level card, the GT 520M has to compete against the Intel HD Graphics 3000 in the current Sandy Bridge processors. In our tests, the card was only slightly faster, but the better driver support did make a difference.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
from tom's Hardware:
Discrete: 6800 GT, 6800 GS (PCIe), 8600 GT (DDR2), GT 520
Go (mobile): 7800, Go 7900 GS, 520M, 520MX

so GT520 or 520M is basically same. but i agree. its too lowend to offer much of a difference. some games will run smoothly. but running DX11 game is out of question here as games will lag even at low resolution. but if OP is getting a proper laptop with 520M at same price as one with HD3000, the former can be a better buy as 520M shouldn't have a huge impact on battery life.

Niilesh

Padawan
from tom's Hardware:

so GT520 or 520M is basically same. but i agree. its too lowend to offer much of a difference. some games will run smoothly. but running DX11 game is out of question here as games will lag even at low resolution. but if OP is getting a proper laptop with 520M at same price as one with HD3000, the former can be a better buy as 520M shouldn't have a huge impact on battery life.

I would choose i5 2nd Gen. over i3 2nd gen. + GT 520M

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
but then again the cheapest 2nd gen Core i5 based laptop cost close to over 30k (a part of that goes to better build quality & better processor). whereas the 2nd gen dual core + 520M cost just ~23k.

lets stop the discussion here and wait for amanj to reply.

amanj

but then again the cheapest 2nd gen Core i5 based laptop cost close to over 30k (a part of that goes to better build quality & better processor). whereas the 2nd gen dual core + 520M cost just ~23k.

lets stop the discussion here and wait for amanj to reply.

Hi all, thanks for the replies.

Cilus:*
b950 + gt520m is available for 23k but it's in white color. Please tell me abt it's build quality and how lack of ht and turbo boost in either b940/b950 affects gaming.

Niliesh:
Abt gt520m being in competition with hd3000, from intel there's no other top offering other than hd3000 for the price range discussed. Moreover hd3000 is directx 10.1 based. Gt520m is directx 11 based. So, as cilus mentioned games wud b btr with gt520m. ;)

Sam:
Yes, I too agree for the prices u mentioned. I52nd gen + gt520m is at 35k. That's arnd 12k diff. for just 200mhz boost + ht + virtualization, don't know hw imp these r though. I think they won't make much of a diff at a resolution of 1024x768, fine for me. Moreover I hv some pending games too to complete lik dreamfall, black ops, crysis(I cue play only til dig site):p, mass effect series ...

All, now plz tel me if it's better to go for b950 +
Gt520m or shud i look for options for i3(currently no options at sucha price, m jus reluctant abt the color :(...)as in pc I do hv gtx460 cyclone edition bt currently pc's nt working, prbbly a discussion fr some other thread. :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
you need to concern yourself with cpu only when you are using high range graphics card for gaming.for a GT520M any dual core would do for gaming.

Cilus

laborare est orare
build quality wise the laptop is rock solid, far better than any other laptop from other companies within that budget. It is based on brushed aluminium and has great air flow design to radiate the heat properly. So it runs very cooler even when running games on it.
Performance wise B940/B950 is not far behind i3. Check the comparison here: Pentium B950 Vs Core i3-2310M benchmark | Compare Processors

VarunN

Look for HP Pavilion G6-1209AX.
priced @31000/- on flipkart.

AMD Quad core A6 3400M APU(1.40 Ghz - Turbo Core up to 2.3 Ghz)
4 GB DDR3 RAM
500 GB HDD
AMD ATI Radeon HD 6470M 1GB.
15.6" LED Display (1366 x 768)..

I didn't found any reviews, but looking at the specs it wont be hard to guess that..

Top Bottom