Liteon DVD Writer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

khandu

In the zone
Hello all

I have a Liteon DVD Writer SOHW 1673S ( latest and correct firmware )

Now it was working all fine but from the past few days ( much much after firmware update ) it has started to give problems...

Whatever I am burning from that is not working.. Burning on good quality Sony / moser baer DVD - R

Now here are the following errors..

1) On my Device Manager there is a "!" mark on a SCSI RAID host controller.. maybe due to a virtual drive ( alcohol ) .. uninstalled and reinstalled.. no effect.. don't know if its related

*img208.imageshack.us/img208/824/devicemzx8.gif

2) When i try to copy stuff to DVD writer ( when no CD .. ) it copies fine.. but when a CD inserted then try to copy to DVD writer for direct windows burn gives the following error

*img154.imageshack.us/img154/3876/windowszn3.gif

3) When blank DVD inserted it reads it fine.. and burn via nero ( latest ) fine.. when it tries to read the burnt DVD it shows it as blank.. even on my DVD ROM which is separate it comes blank

So i have given up now and i need to burn some stuff dead urgent

please help..

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
Firmware updates are usually to increase media compatibility and affect write strategies adopted in writing or reading a particular media.
You may want to check cdfreaks.com if this is a known issue with your firmware (some firmwares may be flawed...so the adage used often in flashing ... if it ain't faulty, don't fix it :D).
Also did you try a different media?
(btw, manufacturer's leave the onus of flashing on the end user and don't usually make amends if a drive has been improperly flashed)
The same site (cdfreaks.com) has links to firmware which may probably resolve your problem.
Then again, if you have doubts in flashing and your drive is in warranty, it doesn't hurt to directly query the manufacturer or seek repairs from a service center.
And any case, I don't recommend burning dvds directly from windows explorer or even using packet writing (nero incd / roxio directcd) in any form.

Last edited:
OP
K

khandu

In the zone
i forgot to mention that i m not stupid

i do use that site and firmware is the same.. this has nothing to do with that i guess

its happened after months of update

and as i mentioned i tried sony wirtex moserbear and philips

:(

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
khandu said:
i forgot to mention that i m not stupid

:(

Sorry, just have to assume when you don't get enough info :D
(just kidding, don't take it to heart)
Can you post the burn graphs (read and if possible the write) using nero info tool or kprobe?
Lets hope we figure something out from those.
And also try burning after enabling simulation, verification after burn and burn at a slower speed, say 6x in Nero. Do notify us about any messages or errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom