Liteon 16X DVD ROM Firmware Flashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krishanu.De

Not So Fresh Stock!
I have ordered the above mentioned drive but I have a question which I have posted before in General section. But haven't got any answer so I am posting here again:

In the comparison given by techno_funky, I can see that in Region Protection section, for Liteon, changes is given as n/a. Now my question is: Is it a Region Free drive or it is firmware flashed?

If it is firmware flashed then I want a step by step guide to flash the firmware of the Liteon 16X DVD ROM. Here I request help from the people who have done it before by himself not to the people who think he can do it. :p You know the risk! Advising to search internet or reminding me that it is illegal will not be considered as HELP! :twisted:

I need the help now. Lets see how many people know this. :?:

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
hmmm well to tell you abt the drive me too have ordered the same
ive asked many people who have used the drive they say thts its REGION FREE DRIVE
which means it wont get locked to certain region after 4-5 attempts like the other drives
well abt flashing lets see when the drive arives
ill tell u

JAK

What the Heck !
Well the liteOns dont need a firmware flash to make em Region free...
All u need is a prog called as "LTNflash". (Google it)

Its a utility for pirmarily flashing/updatin ur firmware but also has a option of disabling the DVD Region protection..... :wink:

krazydude

Journeyman
What about Samsung Drives. I got a SD616 - does it get locked too and if so what can I do to unlock it. Plus it does not play some of my DVD's which a frnd of mine burnt for me recently

Plz Help

JAK

What the Heck !
Krishanu.De said:
If it is firmware flashed then I want a step by step guide to flash the firmware of the Liteon 16X DVD ROM. Here I request help from the people who have done it before by himself not to the people who think he can do it. :p You know the risk! Advising to search internet or reminding me that it is illegal will not be considered as HELP! :twisted:

I need the help now. Lets see how many people know this. :?:

I have posted this previously in this thread.... :wink:
Code:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2733&highlight=flash

and have just made a new thread here regarding the full procedure.... :wink:
Code:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=56806
Hope this helps.... :wink:

OP
K

Krishanu.De

Not So Fresh Stock!
Thanks for that nice and detailed tutorial dude! I have read that when you first posted it. But it is not actually the solution for my problem. I will look for LTNflash.

And I will post some tools specially targeted for Liteon 16X DVD ROM and maybe a tutorial if you people want. Obviously, it will be just a copy paste from some tutorials that I have seen. So what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom