Status
Not open for further replies.

upendra_gp

In the zone
Hey all i don't know how to operate linux but i want to load it my PC & master it.Can anybody tell me the easiest linux & procedure of installation & where can i get its related tutorials ?
Who will give me the best answer i will give him a GMAIL INVITE

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Gmail invites are no longer wanted .I have 150 invites if you want !
You can search the forum in the opensource section or the tutorials section

anubhav_har

In the zone
Hey use Red Hat Linux 9. It is the best Linux to use and master. Go to the tutorials sections to know about installation. Go to the Linux site to know all other details

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
I would suggest use a live cd say knoppix and see the look and feal down load a mannual from the neat and reffer it as you go along this is the best way to get a hang of linux

tuxfan

Technomancer
Red Hat 9 is pretty old now. Don't install it. Go for Knoppix/Gnoppix as pradeep_chauhan suggested. See how it looks, how it works. Then install some latest distro like Mandrake, SuSE, Fedora Core, etc.

tuxfan

Technomancer
A word of caution from me to digant_goyal. Never post your email address in forum. You are inviting spam. If you need to give to someone, give it in a private message. :) I suggest, you edit your post.

busyanuj

In the zone
upendra_gp said:
Hey all i don't know how to operate linux but i want to load it my PC & master it.Can anybody tell me the easiest linux & procedure of installation & where can i get its related tutorials ?
Who will give me the best answer i will give him a GMAIL INVITE

the easiest Linux to install and use?
it is undoubtedly Knoppix distro.
Install and use it now.

You'll find a lot of material on the Knoppix website.
read the HowTo on installing Knoppix onto a harddrive.

Google for more info.

.....and yes, forget about giving gmail invite, everyone here has gmail account since last year. okay?

if you have spare gmail invitations, go Here

kiran_k

Broken In
check out the august 2003 issue of digit to know abt installation of linux.
It remains same for all versions of Redhat distros. if you dont have it check out the dec2003 CD which has all issues in pdf

OP
U

upendra_gp

In the zone
hey i am planning to install mandrake 10.1 on my PC.
tell me how to make it dual bootable as i also have XP
C:-XP
E:-10.1

tuxfan

Technomancer
Delete the E partition and boot from the first Mandrake CD/DVD. Follow the on-screen instructions. If you have doubts in any step before actual installation starts, switch off the machine, note down whats on screen and come back for opinions. :)

Charley

Just Do It
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20552&highlight=linux+topics

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16667&highlight=linux+topics

This was discussed earlier in the Q&A , Open Sources Section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom