LGA775+DDR3...Motherboard ?

fatalcore

Journeyman
Hi, i got a strange query that from my neighbor...
He has a intel quad core....and he is using a asus board....It got fried...Looking for a new LGA775 with DDR3 (4 gb enough).....motherboard

He want to know the good part and bad part of the LGA775+DDR3 ram..........:-(

----Personally i dont have any idea.....

borax12

the dotmaster
see this board-Newegg.com - ASUS P5K3 DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard
or even this board supports it-Gigabyte GA-EP43T-UD3L

OP
fatalcore

fatalcore

Journeyman
well he does nt want to change the proccy he too ownes a q9550...
he just wants a board with on board graphics with ddr3 .
Please suggest.

borax12

the dotmaster
Asrock G41C-VS...this one looks fine...g41 board got onboard graphics i suppose...dont really have idea abt lga 775 socket boards that much...but hope it helps....
price is 2.5K

yeah chekcked it-its got ntel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500, Pixel Shader 4.0, DirectX 10, Max. shared memory 1759MB

hers the online buying link form techshop.in-*techshop.in/store/product_info.php?cPath=320_21_30&products_id=4362

and heres the product desc-*www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=G41C-VS

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hi, i got a strange query that from my neighbor...
He has a intel quad core....and he is using a asus board....It got fried...Looking for a new LGA775 with DDR3 (4 gb enough).....motherboard

He want to know the good part and bad part of the LGA775+DDR3 ram..........:-(

----Personally i dont have any idea.....

You will be an extra premium for DDR3 on a LGA775. Not much use, since the NB is separate and gets saturated quite quick. Better to get a better DDR2 board for the same -- and OC the Q9550. Get a Gigabyte. Is the CPU an E0 stepping..?

OP
fatalcore

fatalcore

Journeyman
finally asigh in back replying to mini threds...:)

Bro i really dont know his stepping...Nor do i personally understand the stepping....

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^
This explains E0 stepping (revision) better. CPU-Z shows it.

See my Vantage shot. The CPU is E0.
*img687.imageshack.us/img687/8471/vantagenew.png

You get an improved CPU version, which would OC better.

• Release of different and new packaging materials that are now halide free (addressing environmental awareness)
  • New instruction extensions (XSAVE/SRSTOR)
  • Support for power status indicator (unknown at this time)
  • Speed path improvements enabling higher speed bins

OP
fatalcore

fatalcore

Journeyman
Thanks asigh for explaining the details of E0 Stepping , i didn't know that Thanks again !, i asked him to get my ga board which u suggested 1 year back... however he wants a DDR3 board ! plus when i asked him to go with my board he said , i am unaware of the future technology...he said DDR3 will last for the next decade.
After this conversation i went back to my home....and i said nothing......:)

abhidev

Human Spambot
Guys Pls checkout my pc specs in my siggy....I too need a board which will support DDR3. Please help.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you have a really weak cpu and you're getting a new ram+mobo .. add another ~3.5k and you'll get a much better IB cpu.

Top Bottom