Let's Discuss CRC error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kniwor

Learner
Ok, basically there's been a lots of thread and discussions on this, and we all know what it is, I'd be better we discuss how each of us handle the error.

Suppose u are copying a Video DVD, and have a CRC error, this is the most unfortunate situation as you know that u can skip a little video and the rest of DVD is just fine, but windows wont allow that. What do u do in that case.

The most effective solution I've found so far is ISOBuster, but it's too damn slow if there are many errors, well u can play in the options to make the retries '0', use a custom setup and make it lot faster.

but still it remains slow.

How do each of you tackle the problem? Because sometime there is some Important "Home video" a party or picnic video with friends that just cant be replaced.

47shailesh

Security Exp
I use nero and create image for such CD od or DVD...

after image is created u can use that cd without any hassle

vinyas

In the zone
Make a Image Alcohol 120% Image with a "Bad Disc Profile"... it does Sector scanning ... skips the Bad sectors

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i encountered CRC Error witha game disk:x

i've tried "Ultra ISO" for doing this to recover my GTA San Andreas (original) files, but it took 9 HOURS:shock: for completing the process, & when i used Daemon Tools, Alcohol, Nero... to mount them, they gave same error, that its a corrupt image...

my method which worked Flawlessly:D - what i used -> a Vaccum Cleaner, Cotton Ear Buds.

First cleaned the Lens with the ear buds, then used the Blower of Vaccum Cleaner to blow out the Dust (did this two times) & also washed the DVD with Shampoo:D, guess what that DVD still work:D:D:D

47shailesh

Security Exp
huh...
so we come up wid two methods

1. when ur cd contains bad sector then try making image

2. when ur lens is cover with dust then use that @s18000rpm said.

ne one to add ;)

jay_jay

Broken In
1.play ur video in a standalone dvd player and try to capture it.it is the best method.

2.try "unstop copier" ,atleast u will get the good portions.

just try-sometimes may be worser
1.alcohol 120%
2.virtual cd-change itz copying settings-errs r not such big prblm in video as in programs or datas

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner
yeah, I've been using alcohol for faster results, with skip error option.

@jay_jay
link to unstop copier please, that works with CD's/DVD's

Note: You guys can "Vaseline" I have earlier used Vaseline or cold cream that has worked.

Last edited:

abhipal

Journeyman
Kniwor said:
yeah, I've been using alcohol for faster results, with skip error option.

@jay_jay
link to unstop copier please, that works with CD's/DVD's

Note: You guys can "Vaseline" I have earlier used Vaseline or cold cream that has worked.

Can use Vaseline. Read this
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=409928&postcount=1

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
One more thing I've tried guys is that..

Clean the disc with some "Vaseline" i.e Petroleum jelly ..then create a image from some software like Alcohol, Nero and make sure u "skip read errors".. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom