Leopard makes fun of Windows BSOD's, while choking on its own !

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Oct 31st, 2007. There have been reports about Mac's new OS, the Leopard crashing and having BSOD's . Must be quite embarrassing, esp when, one use a BSOD icon to taunt a competing OS. Here are two nice reads, about how Leopard uses a gag icon of the Windows BSOD in its latest OS.

The image you see above is of an old school CRT monitor with a blue screen of death is actually the not-so-subtle gag icon Leopard uses to represent Windows machines on your local network.

How To Remove the Windows BSOD icon in Leopard. Make OS X a little less smug.
Extract : "...Granted, many Leopard beta users have seen this icon since the early releases, but we didn't actually think the shipping version would include something so pompous and galling to the other 90%...". Source: EndGadget

Smug Ugly :
Extract : "The best case in point I can use to illustrate this is an example of the worst thing about Apple. There is simply nothing less attractive than a person who is both flawed and smug, and apparently one of the few plausible justifications for treating corporations as legal persons is the fact that this holds true for companies as well. And Apple is a smug company. To be honest, there's really only room for mocking everybody else if you're absolutely flawless. And even then, it's pretty bad taste -- it's not like the Mac is completely stable; It's got its share of crashes just like every other operating system." Source : Dashes.

Both make an interesting read. Source : WinVistaClub.

i am unable to understand yet that why don't people accept technologies as and what they are, instead of making childish comments (verbal or visual as the case may be) and filling forums with useless fighting. Arguing on features and shortcomings of a technology is one thing but following one like religion while making fun of other is strictly limiting your knowledge and productivity.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
^that what u explained is core fanboyism which @op does.I have few of my threads started in vengence bcoz of such bs "news" posted.hope the visitia clubbo understands.there are people working infact better without any os from microsoft.take it as it is rather than posting whining posts.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
Krazy_About_Technology said:
i am unable to understand yet that why don't people accept technologies as and what they are, instead of making childish comments (verbal or visual as the case may be) and filling forums with useless fighting. Arguing on features and shortcomings of a technology is one thing but following one like religion while making fun of other is strictly limiting your knowledge and productivity.
Brands are the new religion and fanboyism is the new fanaticism.
Technology is the new hatred which fuels the fanboywars which is the successor for communal wars.

:D

goobimama

 Macboy
Well isn't it fun? Life would have been boring if there wasn't fun being poked around the place. It's almost as if putting that icon slows down the performance or something. What did people expect? That Apple would take the best screenshot of Vista and put it there on a sleek LCD?

And those BSODs for the mac occur only due to installing that haxie APE. I've yet to have my mac crash on me. It did go down once in a way due to the network mounting problems, but now with the new Finder it is even more stable.

And of course, these fights never stop, cause without them, the forum would turn into something like one of those old men who sit on the sidewalk, scratching...

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Fix this? I don't think they meant to fix anything. That icon was meant to be there to mock Windows. Sure they can, but they won't.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Gigacore said:
Cant apple fix this from updates or service packs?
If you meant the "blue screen", it is not due to the OS or Apple. It is due to one third party developer not following Apple's strict guidelines about third party app development. This is the reason why Apple strictly discourages hacking and stuff. When stuff breaks, people blame Apple.

If you meant the icon - well, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it and Apple definitely won't "fix" it. It was funny. People enjoyed it. Of course, it is something related to Apple so tech pundits will talk about it endlessly because it grabs headlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom