LED lighting inside the cabinet.

Vyom93

Journeyman
Its not necessary to connect resistor but u can connect fuse for safety ,led strip gets warm but its ok :)
This is made by me its with on/off switch:mrgreen:
*i.imgur.com/44t3gz3l.jpg

is a fuse & resistor nescessay in series with the led strip? :confused:
i already have a 12v blue water proof(cool) led strip. :)
i connected to my CX430v2 and the leds were warm/slightly hot. :-x

Resistor is not needed as these automobile LED strips operate at 10 V themselves. Fuse is not needed but a fast-blow fuse is helpful.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
even i have that strip around 1 meter lying in my home but i dnt know how to connect it to power supply..........

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
even i have that strip around 1 meter lying in my home but i dnt know how to connect it to power supply..........

I guess buy a 12v 1A adapter. Cut off that wire to expose red and black wires. Cut the power supply of the strip. connect red to red and black to black. If it contains any more then that must be the earthing which you can ignore. And you're done.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
I guess buy a 12v 1A adapter. Cut off that wire to expose red and black wires. Cut the power supply of the strip. connect red to red and black to black. If it contains any more then that must be the earthing which you can ignore. And you're done.

No no nooo
You just use power from PSU itself... No need adapter

aniket.cain

Padawan
I installed some leds in my system some time ago. Purchased an led strip from eBay, and a molex cable from local store. Used the yellow and black cable to connect to the strip. No soldering etc required and works quite well.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394074729005.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394074729005.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 123

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I installed some leds in my system some time ago. Purchased an led strip from eBay, and a molex cable from local store. Used the yellow and black cable to connect to the strip. No soldering etc required and works quite well.

Can you make one for me? I will pay for it...

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
not wires and stuff but if something goes wrong my whole i7 rig will be burnt to ashes............

your psu will have inbuilt short circuit protection, believe me, i wantedly shorted my usb port with a har-pin and then it shut down instantly(+5v and gnd were shorted) and it didnt turn on, i removed the power plug(on the wall/ack of psu)(switching the switch off and on on the back wont work)
and it powered up...:cool:
you know the feeling when it power down...scary but everything okay as it was my 1st time that too with a brand new corsair cx430v2

Top Bottom