LCD flicker, another problem with LG Optimus One p500

noja

Bang! Bang!
I noticed it today when I was browsing the internet over wifi. at first I thought the battery was low but there was no change when I connected the charger. the data connection was turned off and screen was in minimum brightness. as soon as I turned off wifi the flicker went away.
I'm really angry with this phone. first the dust under screen, then sd card unmount and random reeboots and now this. worst part is I haven't even rooted this phone and it has stock 2.2 v10b firmware. I really felt like breaking this phone when I was told today at the lg service center that I would have to wait till thursday to get the lcd dust problem fixed, then I remembered how long I had waited to save money for this piece of crap. the day I get a better phone I will break this phone with a hammer and post the video on youtube.
I am never buying an LG phone again in my life.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I am sorry for you bro... really bad luck. I have the same phone. I can understand your anger. I hope the service center replaces your phone for all its problems...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
really its nothing but bad luck on your part. dust under the screen is rare & SD card unmounting can be fixed by going for faster card. but flickering of screen, 1st time. take it to service center & ask for a replacement. no to repairing.

PS: anyone who use Apple iPhone will never complain even if it has all these problems :smile:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Sam said:
PS: anyone who use Apple iPhone will
never complain even if it has all these
problems
Agreed.

But an Apple product hardly has manufacturing defects. Probably thats why it costs 4 times an O1

OP, get it to the place you brought it from and seek replacement ASAP!

OP
noja

noja

Bang! Bang!
ok now the screen is flickering while downloading from edge/2g
but when its not downloading anything, it stays perfectly fine.
I'm trying a new thing now. I moved all my apps to phone and so far there has not been any sd card unmounts. in fact I downloaded 31mb in the morning over edge @20kbps via tubemate.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
^^ what class sd card do you have?? and what size? you can find the class within a small circle that has a 2,4 or 6 in it.. refer the O1 thread to see what sort of sd cards are working fine with the phone.. regarding ur screen flicker it is the first time i hear of such thing.. suggest you take it to lg and change the phone.. dust underscreen can also be changed by lg service.. they did so for many ppl around the world although i have not got the problem..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
ok now the screen is flickering while downloading from edge/2g
but when its not downloading anything, it stays perfectly fine.
I'm trying a new thing now. I moved all my apps to phone and so far there has not been any sd card unmounts. in fact I downloaded 31mb in the morning over edge @20kbps via tubemate.

signals interference is causing the problem. its unlikely, the problem will be fixed by a software update but still try what AndroidFan have told. else get it replaced.

Top Bottom