Laptops conk off if wallpaper depicting Akhilesh and Mulayam changed

Hrishi

This is kinda funny and hilarious but at the same time disgusting as well.
Its related to Mr. Akhilesh Yadav recent effort of distributing laptops among kids.

LUCKNOW: It is not so easy to change the wallpaper of the laptops UP chief minister Akhilesh Yadav distributed. The wallpaper depicting Akhilesh and his father Mulayam Singh Yadav, if changed, may lead to crashing of the entire system.

That's what most of the students found when they tried to do so. In fact, that was the first thing some of the students tried after getting the lap tops. The wallpaper happened to be in-built and tamper-proof. Hence it can't be changed, report said.

According to reports when some local HP vendors tried to change the wall paper, the the operating system, Linux, got wiped out and the system crashed.

Officials in the UP Electronic Corporation Limited, the agency that distributed the laptops, advised users not to tamper with the wallpaper. ``It can lead to crashes,'' an official said. The UPECL official, however, said that the machine comes with a year warranty and in case of any snags beneficiaries may contact the office of MD UPECL.

Students also tried to make quick bucks by selling off the lap tops to the local vendors. However, most of them turned down the offer.

District administration officials said that they were monitoring the lap top. They warned the those caught selling or buying the machines would be prosecuted as per the agreement signed in the registration forms.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
this is the most ridiculous propaganda and ponzi marketing scheme i have ever seen. Stupidity at its best.
Although to run that laptop, all you need to do is replace the harddisk, or swipe it clean and its as good as new.

my god, this is sad.. remember seeing the huge billboards of the govt officials in Beijing. India is the next China if we dont show these fools their place.

Flash

Lost in speed
*www.ndtv.com/news/Akhilesh_laptop_desktop_story.JPG

*th191.photobucket.com/albums/z164/JailBreakFiend/icons/th_computer.gif

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
if they are wasting tax payers money like that , they should have gifted a data card too ..atleast students could have browsed internet by paying nominal fee
anyways My cousin sister would be getting that Laptop soon ....Hoping to gift her a windows 7 license ,so she should not have to see the faces of those crooks daily

doomgiver

Warframe
well, the first thing to do to a laptop of unknown origin is to treat it like it has all the nasty viruses in the world.

wipe the disk, do a low level format, then install an os.

unfortunately, these poor people have no idea how to do these things.

OP
Hrishi

Hrishi

are they really poor ?? BTW , that laptop in PIC looks pretty much looks like HP Dm series Netbooks.

Worst thing is their non-removable sticker on the Lid.

Flash

Lost in speed
The report says
According to reports when some local HP vendors tried to change the wall paper, the the operating system, Linux, got wiped out and the system crashed.

But, the OS in that screenshot hosts Win7, i guess.
So what's the truth?

Am sure, our Govt. wont support Open-source, because of contractual obligations with Microsoft.

OP
Hrishi

Hrishi

The report says

But, the OS in that screenshot hosts Win7, i guess.
So what's the truth?

Am sure, our Govt. wont support Open-source, because of contractual obligations with Microsoft.

Its WIn 7 home basic alongside Linux. ALso has some crapwares study materials and MS Office alongside few other development applications.

Vignesh B

Youngling
What did I just read? :evil:
Completely idiotic & despotism at its worst.

Its WIn 7 home basic alongside Linux. ALso has some crapwares study materials and MS Office alongside few other development applications.
At least people will use legal version of MS Office :p
Anyway, anyone can re-install the OS.

Last edited:
Top Bottom