Laptop Freezes and starts working again , sometimes .. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi,
I bought my Compaq V3425AU last july31st. It came preinstalled with Windows Vista HOME basic.
Its specs :: AMD X2 1.7Ghz. 1 GB ( 2 x 512 ) DDR2 667 Mhz, Geforce Go 6150 onboard, 160 GB HDD, DVD+-RW .

Obviously to get my system to work fastest i dual booted with Windows XP Pro SP2. Along with drivers.

Now its been almost 8 months since I installed XP and the laptop was working fine untill recently. Recenly , my laptop HANGs / Freezes suddenly for no reason.
It happens Randomly, Browsing, listening to music, or simple Coding time! But after a min or so , I can get it to respond again . This repeats everu now and then

AND , while playing the Game Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars Kane Edition, it freezes extremely ! The Screen draws a Hazy colored White Blank! And It never Unfreezes have to reboot!

And this though happens rarely , happens while doing anything! Like suddenly inbetween a chat , it draws me a white screen! I have taken a picture too!

Also sometimes during reboot , I dont get a POST.
That happens rarely , but it does happen! I have tested by disconnecting the AC power adapter and attempting to boot on Battery , and it boots fine then. :O wierd!

Any Idea on the 1st and 2nd problem ? and why is this happening ?
regards!

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
prob 1) upgrade to the latest graphic drivers.. do a memory integrity test.. and check for HDD bad sectors..

prob 2) again check your memory and also try replacing the CMOS battery...
if this doesnt work.. there will be an option in the BIOS to whether show the POST screen or not.. see that..

you can either use any diagnostic CD that came with your compaq laptop or use hiren's ultimate boot CD

_

compiling_error

Right off the assembly line
thats a poor lappy my frnd
it doesn't have a laptop proccy but a desktop proccy in athlon x2.

u will run into high temps , low battery life , instable laptops wid such processors.

u shuld have chosen a lobile processor like turion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom