Laptop for DAD

$hadow

Geek in making
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
85k but can be stretched to 1,00,000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Netbook; 11" - 10” screen or less
Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
should be 15'' or less

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:any brand will do
b. Dislike:

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
office purposes, hd movies but back must be good 5hr plus would be great

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
he will be using it in his chamber so any screen will do

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
This laptop has to be purchased in the next week coz his birthday is coming and me and my brother is gifting it, as stated above battery life is required. I was thinking about samsung series 9 ultrabook, but not exactly sure about it so guys suggestion needed as early as possible. Purchase can be local or online but if service is needed it should be quick.

rouble

Journeyman
Would recommend you to look for the HP Elitebook or the good old and reliable Lenovo Thinkpad..

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
+1 . For such purposes , I laptop costing 40k is more than enough. Unless its for gaming , 80k-1l aren't required for office laptop.

Shiva
You will not use a 40k laptop in a board meeting where others are using MB and you are using a cheap looking device. Elegance and good look is must from my point of view.

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
Would advice mac book air then.. They have also refreshed their series so you will get Haswell therefore better battery as per your dad's need and in looks apple is always awesome everybody knows that

Would advice mac book air then.. They have also refreshed their series so you will get Haswell therefore better battery as per your dad's need and in looks apple is always awesome everybody knows that

As most people use Windows, adjusting to Mac OS would be difficult for his dad

flyingcow

Shibe
I suggest get any ultrabook you find that looks sexy/professional...BTW what kind of applications are your dad gonna use

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
The stuff he will be doing can be done on a simple 25k laptop i.e. ms office and other presentation work. It is look and class which is going to matter for him.

rouble

Journeyman
Dude go for this..Laptops | HP® India
I find it the best in this range..Beats everyone in class and elegance..Better than Thinkpad.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Dude go for this..Laptops | HP® India
I find it the best in this range..Beats everyone in class and elegance..Better than Thinkpad.

AFAIK they are not easily available like other consumer laptops..
they tend to be heavy tanks..

I would suggest any good 14" Ultrabook in 45k range

Alternately MBP15 / rMBP 13

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
If your dad can't move to mac then I would recommend you to go for dell xps 13 or xps 14 according to his needs and your budget. Or else if you can delay( which is quiet difficult in ur case as u need to gift him on his b'day) wait for Haswell..

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
If your dad can't move to mac then I would recommend you to go for dell xps 13 or xps 14 according to his needs and your budget. Or else if you can delay( which is quiet difficult in ur case as u need to gift him on his b'day) wait for Haswell..

Well haswell is certainly out of my view coz I do not have time. Actually I am looking forward for series9 sammy ultrabook coz just a few hours ago contacted a local shop to figure out elitebook availability and he told me 15 to 20 days. looks like either it is dell or sammy.

Top Bottom