ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
What's your Budget? 50k-60k(including 2 year extended warranty i.e. 3 years warranty)
What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? web surfing/office apps
What size and weight considerations do you have? 14"
Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? no
Any other considerations? this is for my relative , he wanted to buy a macbook but couldn't because of budget issues. So he wants something stylish.
And discrete graphics card is not required as no gaming would be done. It would save up on battery life and heat. And at least 4 gb ram is required.
and whatever laptop you suggest please mention the cost of the 2 year extended warranty too
basically we are looking for a business laptop

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
This wouldn't be a bad choice as you donot want a Gaming Lappy
Asus K55VM-SX086D / 3rd Generation Core i7 / 8 GB / 1 TB / Free DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

GT 630M will handle any HD movies etc you throw at it :wink:

if you want a bit more GPU power see this HP Laptop

red dragon

Master troll
Thinkpad T420,best business laptop,period.Comes with 3 years warranty by default.
If you trust hp,probooks are not bad either,slightly cheaper,but no idea about extended warranty.
Another option would be Vaio SB series,slightly smaller and much lighter but build quality can be an issue.

red dragon

Master troll
This wouldn't be a bad choice as you donot want a Gaming Lappy
Asus K55VM-SX086D / 3rd Generation Core i7 / 8 GB / 1 TB / Free DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

GT 630M will handle any HD movies etc you throw at it :wink:

if you want a bit more GPU power see this HP Laptop

Read op's requirement carefully,he is looking for a business laptop,not a budget gaming laptop(which are rubbish imo)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Read op's requirement carefully,he is looking for a business laptop,not a budget gaming laptop(which are rubbish imo)

See the reason I recommended a GT 630m lappy is because one may always need to watch HD clips etc no matter what business purpose it is.

Business laptop doesn't necessarily mean one has to get one with Intel HD 3000 graphics only.

red dragon

Master troll
You dont really need a discrete gpu to watch hd clips.
I often watch 1080p movies in an Air which has a ulv i5 and intel gfx,and it works absolutely fine!

Empirial

Youngling
HP Envy 4-1002TU Ultrabook Intel 2nd Ci3/4GB/500GB/Win 7 HB (upto 8hrs backup): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Ultrabook

sarthak

In the zone
Thinkpad T420,best business laptop,period.Comes with 3 years warranty by default.
If you trust hp,probooks are not bad either,slightly cheaper,but no idea about extended warranty.
Another option would be Vaio SB series,slightly smaller and much lighter but build quality can be an issue.

+1. Go for Thinkpad or Probook.

randomuser111

Technomancer
I would also say go for Thinkpad or the HP Elitebook model with better specs for about 65k.
Also I wouldn't recommend an ultrabook

sanjoy.bose

Journeyman
+1. Go for Thinkpad or Probook.
I have decided on a 14" No Gaming laptop under 40K, which I will upgrade with SSD+RAM. between above, which one would you prefer?

P.S. can you please check my thread and help me on choosing? Here
Thanx. I really need to decide soon.

Top Bottom