Laptop for 50k

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
One of my friends wants to buy a laptop and his budget is Rs. 50000. Can you please suggest a good model. He would like to buy a laptop for games with a decent Nvidia graphics card.

OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
Well he is not particular about a gaming configuration anymore. He just wants a 500 GB Hard Drive and a good processor with lots of RAM. Also it would be nice if it had integrated webcam, decent speakers and a microphone. Also wifi, ethernet, modem and vga external output. Can we get a good one at the price? I was suggested Dell XPS on irc. Which model is good? Also, there are equivalent configurations on compaq and hp at the same price. Is Dell better than those?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
HP DV5 series
Dell XPS series
Sony Vaio (didnt' remember exact model) with a very powerful processor ant HD2600 for GPU.

OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
ola!!! you guys are good. Thanks a lot. I could get anyone of those? No specific models for dell and hp?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
For:

1.) DELL, go in for DELL XPS 1530: It has 8xxx series of gpu (graphics card) the XPS series has a Matt type of body finish (wich is NOT glossy and hence looks free of fingerprint marks) and u/ur friend can customise the configuration to suit ur needs.. www.dell.co.in

2.) In HP, u can go in for teh DV series, as they hv 9xxx series of gpu (graphics card) wich is better then the 8xxx series (provided by DELL XPS series) so gaming wud be alot better also the graphics.. :) but its wont be as stylish as the DELL XPS// :)
although (as far as i remember) the HP's (new line of lappys) hv a sort of carbon fibre body casing and an illuminated "HP" logo at the top (back) surface of the lappy wich looks good. :)

3.) Sony Vaio series hv a glossy body finish, so finger prints can be seen easily, and u will hv to constantly polish the body to get rid of the finger marks.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom