Laptop for 35K

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast
Hi guys, need your help again.

My parents need a 15.6 inch laptop with a budget of about 35K, preferably with DOS. They are beginners and need the laptop for mostly everyday tasks. We plan to buy it within a week or two at most. So any suggestions guys?
While searching online I came across this laptop which caught my eye :

HP Pavilion g6-2230tx (with intel i3-3110m, AMD 7670m, 2GB RAM and 500GB HDD) @ 35K in flipkart

I want to know is whether this has switchable graphics, otherwise battery life will take a major hit.
And will it void warranty if I add a 4GB RAM stick to it from the dealer during the time of purchase??

[ Just out of curiosity how good is that compared to this : HP pavilion g6-2301ax (with AMD A8-4500m)
The main question is which is the better processor, 3110m or A8-4500m; though I think that we will probably buy the intel one only.. ]

Any other laptop that I should look out for?
Thanks guys...

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
No it does not I think, for switchable look no further than G6 2005AX.

And no, installing RAM does not void warranty.

i3 is a bit faster than A8 in gaming, for multithreaded use A8 is better.

And if you don't care about switchable get that, OR: Inspiron 14R laptop | Dell India

And if you don't care about gaming: Inspiron 14R laptop | Dell India

OP
eduku

eduku

^^^ Thanks for your reply, but I am only looking for 15.6 inch laptops, preferably of HP only.

I recently came across the G6-2313AX which is being recommended in many of the other threads.
But I am a little skeptical about the AMD APU, since I have never used AMD in my life. My first computer was a Pentium 4 Desktop in 2002, then I upgraded that in 2011 with an i5-2310. Now I mostly use a laptop with an i7-3610QM which I am using to write this particular post.
I mean I know it is a common question and it has been answered a lot of times but really how good is the A10-4600m in comparison to an i3-3110m and an i5-3210m, in terms of real world performance like HD video playback, streaming, editing, spreadsheets, database,etc. (please don't just comment on gaming only, as that's not the only judging parameter and know that the AMD one will be better in this respect due to its cross fire capabilities)? That's the million dollar question!!

Is it a better option to go with a ProBook instead because of its better build quality?

Thanks again...

tkin

Back to school!!
^^^ Thanks for your reply, but I am only looking for 15.6 inch laptops, preferably of HP only.

I recently came across the G6-2313AX which is being recommended in many of the other threads.
But I am a little skeptical about the AMD APU, since I have never used AMD in my life. My first computer was a Pentium 4 Desktop in 2002, then I upgraded that in 2011 with an i5-2310. Now I mostly use a laptop with an i7-3610QM which I am using to write this particular post.
I mean I know it is a common question and it has been answered a lot of times but really how good is the A10-4600m in comparison to an i3-3110m and an i5-3210m, in terms of real world performance like HD video playback, streaming, editing, spreadsheets, database,etc. (please don't just comment on gaming only, as that's not the only judging parameter and know that the AMD one will be better in this respect due to its cross fire capabilities)? That's the million dollar question!!

Is it a better option to go with a ProBook instead because of its better build quality?

Thanks again...
A10 is better than i3 always, and in multithreaded benchmarks its as fast as i5, but in gaming it'll fall short of i5 and also the same in single threaded benchmarks, 2313AX is a great laptop but the only issue is that only Win 8 drivers are available ATM while the laptop itself ships without OS, so you may have to scurry about for drivers unless you buy Win 8 which retails for $199 or pirate it, so its best to avoid 2313AX for now.

If you don't care about gaming go for probook, or better yet go for this: Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop Details | Dell India

OP
eduku

eduku

You mean that the 2313ax will not support windows 7? And does it support 64 bit OS?

In that case I guess that my only option will be the the 2230tx...

OP
eduku

eduku

Is this problem just limited to the G6-2313AX or does all the G6-2200 series have the same driver issues. In that case even the G6-2230TX is out of question..

BTW, does the A10-4600m feature hyper threading technology, which Intel uses? I mean to say that even though the i3 and i5 line of mobile processors from Intel are only dual core but due to the hyper threading involved they still have 4 threads or logical processors even though they just have the 2 physical processors (cores). Plus the Intel processors have L3 Cache as well which is bound to come in handy.

Thank you..

tkin

Back to school!!
Is this problem just limited to the G6-2313AX or does all the G6-2200 series have the same driver issues. In that case even the G6-2230TX is out of question..

BTW, does the A10-4600m feature hyper threading technology, which Intel uses? I mean to say that even though the i3 and i5 line of mobile processors from Intel are only dual core but due to the hyper threading involved they still have 4 threads or logical processors even though they just have the 2 physical processors (cores). Plus the Intel processors have L3 Cache as well which is bound to come in handy.

Thank you..
Doesn't require HT, A10 is a quad core CPU, and about the drivers, you have to check it in HP India website, older models like G6 2005AX has Win 7 drivers, not sure about the new ones.

OP
eduku

eduku

Even though it does not have any OS bundled with it, but still I guess that it should come with a driver DVD for the motherboard...

Won't the windows 8 drivers work with windows 7.

Otherwise can the Windows 7 drivers of the G6-2100 series or G6-2000 series be used in the G6-2230tx, as they essentially use the same hardware (All of them run on intel)??

tkin

Back to school!!
Even though it does not have any OS bundled with it, but still I guess that it should come with a driver DVD for the motherboard...

Won't the windows 8 drivers work with windows 7.

Otherwise can the Windows 7 drivers of the G6-2100 series or G6-2000 series be used in the G6-2230tx, as they essentially use the same hardware (All of them run on intel)??
Even if it came with a driver cd it will be for win 8, and the other models may work, that's the only source of drivers atm, but not guaranteed.

PS: And no, the win 8 drivers can't be installed on win 7.

Top Bottom