Laptop buying help needed

akhilc47

Journeyman
Hi all,
I am going to buy a laptop next week. I never had a laptop before so I am not used to any laptop specific issues like heating etc. So please help me for making a better choice.

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

35000-45000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Under 3kg should be fine. Pls warn if model is TOO uncomfortable to carry around.

14" , 15.6" or any size in between

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Sony,hp(heard they'll stop hardware production?!),Dell.
b. Dislike:MSI

I saw few nice models from asus and lenovo.But I am worried about their quality and aftersale services.(Really loves Asus K53SM-SX010D / 2nd Gen Ci5/4 GB/750 GB/2GB graphics DOS)

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Other than movies browsing etc. I will be gaming decently. I know I won't be able to run latest games at max settings at this budget, but medium settings is fine.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

General res 1366*768 is fine. Don't know about glossy/matte, any.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

I might be purchasing from flipkart. But I never purchased anything online so I would like to know if it is more difficult for replacement/repair if i purchase online.

I like these models . Please tell me which will be better or suggest new.

1.HP Pavilion G6-2005TX Laptop 2nd Gen Ci5/4GB/500GB/Win 7 HB/2GB Graphics(47k at flipkart but gets sennheiser HD 180+ HP backpack) HP Pavilion G6-2005TX Laptop 2nd Gen Ci5/4GB/500GB/Win 7 HB/2GB Graphics with Sennheiser headphone: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

2.Asus K53SM-SX010D / 2nd Gen Ci5/4 GB/750 GB/2GB graphics DOSAsus K53SM-SX010D / 2nd Gen Ci5/4 GB/750 GB/2GB graphics DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
You can refer to this thread before going anywhere else.

Thanks for the reply. I read that thread. From the two laps I above mentioned which should I go for? Asus is 39k and HP 47k, is it really worth the extra 8k?
Both has similar specs but HP has radeon 7670M while asus has GT 630M.

Basically I need a gaming laptop(med or low settings for latest games) with i5 proccy,4gb ram,best GPU possible in the budget.HDD amount doesnt matter though 7200rpm would be cool.

aroraanant

Explorer
HP Pavilion G6 is crap, a friend of mine owns one and he says not to buy that laptop.

Apart from that I suggest you to wait for sometime and let other/all brands come up with IVB processor laptops.
Or get the dell inspiron with IVB processors

Top Bottom