Laptop around 45k

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
hello guys you have made me think to go for z510 and now i think although costly, this deal is good than i5 4200u laptop. tanmay i checked on your review on z510 on ur site and its really helpful and awesome.
I am planning to go for it with 2gb graphics and backlit variant, though it'll delay my purchase as its costlier than my budget.

I was surfing about when i found this: *techkalauz.hu/pic/images/fsfsfs.png
TechKalauz - Lenovo IdeaPad Z510 teszt

it shows that 2GB card has lower memory clock than your 1gb card. Is the 100 Mhz diff. much in games? I want you guys to give your reviews on it and suggest me.

Also, how is the battery of it? i have found through surfing that its non replaceable, Is that a concern ? cuz other laptops when battery dies we have the option of buying either a branded or a cheap battery depending on pocket but i dont think i'll be getting this option in this case. Please clarify, thanks

You won't even notice 100Mhz difference in games when it's just memory clock. Had it been core, it would have been a different story entirely.

melt

Broken In
You won't even notice 100Mhz difference in games when it's just memory clock. Had it been core, it would have been a different story entirely.

So it would be a better choice to go for 1 GB version than 2 GB graphics card version of i5 and save good 5 grands?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
So it would be a better choice to go for 1 GB version than 2 GB graphics card version of i5 and save good 5 grands?

2 GB will be required for gaming at higher resolution. Latest games will require 2 GB to play. You can play with 1 GB but there will be a massive hit to performance.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
Battery is ok

Gives you 3-4 hours on normal settings(medium brightness, balanced power mode)

But games work only on charger

Only a lenovo technician can change a battery

--updated---
I only play at 1366*768 (native resolution) naa kam naa zyada. So 1gb is ok for me

Its your choice completely.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Battery is ok

--updated---
I only play at 1366*768 (native resolution) naa kam naa zyada. So 1gb is ok for me

Really? 3-4 hours? That's what I get on my Y500 but it's at least 2.5x better at gaming. :D
You gonna need more vRAM for games like Dragon Age Inquisition/Witcher 3/Watch Dogs.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
I mostly use it for gaming so never exactly checked how much battery hours it gives. I will try that later sure. A complete battery test with battery eater.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I am never buying AMD mobile GPUs again, they suck.
they dont suck thats very generalised
ive got both nvidia and amd gpus (both mobile and desktop)
nvidia has better options and tweaks(officially , and amd needs custom drivers/software for such options) overall but amd has the edge in havok games whereas nvidia has the edge in physx games(obviously) they perform equally imho

- - - Updated - - -

Battery is ok

--updated---

yeah at that resolution , 2gb is overkill unless an external monitor with a very high resolution is used for gaming otherwise 1gb runs fine with say a full hd tv(tested with my friends z500)

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
they dont suck thats very generalised
ive got both nvidia and amd gpus (both mobile and desktop)
nvidia has better options and tweaks(officially , and amd needs custom drivers/software for such options) overall but amd has the edge in havok games whereas nvidia has the edge in physx games(obviously) they perform equally imho

NFS Rivals refuses to run in AMD one even with custom drivers. Only Dell drivers work well. Direct AMD drivers create various problems. It's so frustrating. Even more than SLI. I am sticking with the green camp.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
yeah at that resolution , 2gb is overkill unless an external monitor with a very high resolution is used for gaming otherwise 1gb runs fine with say a full hd tv(tested with my friends z500)

For FHD you need 2 GB. AC IV usually uses 1.7 GB on both cards.

- - - Updated - - -

whats ur battery size? mines a 6 cell on my 7520 and it doesnt give me above 2-2.5hrs with very high graphic games :(

I was talking about general use. On battery GPUs underclock 10 times. From 1080 to 135 MHz :/

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
NFS Rivals refuses to run in AMD one even with custom drivers. Only Dell drivers work well. Direct AMD drivers create various problems. It's so frustrating. Even more than SLI. I am sticking with the green camp.

it works perfect in mine, i use leshcats drivers, havent tried amds drivers but dells drivers suck bad , 1st 6 months of me getting my 7520, i was only using dells drivers and used to hate my laptops performance until i realized the 7730m wasnt being used at all instead it used to only use the hd4000 so i installed leshcat and it works perfect now!!

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I was talking about general use. On battery GPUs underclock 10 times. From 1080 to 135 MHz :/

ohh general use touches 4hrs easily on mine i assumed u meant gaming
was gonna moan about my laptops battery life otherwise :p

- - - Updated - - -

For FHD you need 2 GB. AC IV usually uses 1.7 GB on both cards.

thats what i said :p
1gb is enough for 1366x786
2gb is needed for fhd

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
it works perfect in mine, i use leshcats drivers, havent tried amds drivers but dells drivers suck bad , 1st 6 months of me getting my 7520, i was only using dells drivers and used to hate my laptops performance until i realized the 7730m wasnt being used at all instead it used to only use the hd4000 so i installed leshcat and it works perfect now!!

IDK what happens in Rivals. When GPU usage is 100% I get 30 FPS but then when I get GPU usage drops from 100 to 60% and FPS goes as low as 14. CPU usage is above 80% all the time.
Hmmm.....lemme try to update the game.
This happens on SLI too(100% to 50%) but it's not very noticeable because FPS drops from 30 to 26ish.

- - - Updated - - -

ohh general use touches 4hrs easily on mine i assumed u meant gaming
was gonna moan about my laptops battery life otherwise :p

- - - Updated - - -

thats what i said :p
1gb is enough for 1366x786
2gb is needed for fhd

Soon games will require 2 GB for HD too, Witcher 3 definitely will.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
IDK what happens in Rivals. When GPU usage is 100% I get 30 FPS but then when I get GPU usage drops from 100 to 60% and FPS goes as low as 14. CPU usage is above 80% all the time.
Hmmm.....lemme try to update the game.
This happens on SLI too(100% to 50%) but it's not very noticeable because FPS drops from 30 to 26ish.

- - - Updated - - -

Soon games will require 2 GB for HD too, Witcher 3 definitely will.
yeah good thing i have 2gb already
btw nfs rivals is poorly optimised its a console port

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
Mine's is a 4-cell battery

But yes both CPU and gpu get underclocked to save battery without a charger. Games start lagging the moment I plug out the charger . Plug it back again and they are butter smooth again

My CPU is much hotter than the gpu.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
It didn't even have SLI support out of the box, had to edit stuff.
so, seamon, what the fps do you get in AC4??
i ordered the game , hopefully it will be delivered by tommorw or day after..
if the performance is even 60% of yours, i will be happy. :-D

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
so, seamon, what the fps do you get in AC4??
i ordered the game , hopefully it will be delivered by tommorw or day after..
if the performance is even 60% of yours, i will be happy. :-D

AC IV is very poorly optimized. Sometime I cry why is this game torturing me like this giving only 80% GPU usage on both GPUs. Sometimes as bad as 70%.
On an average I get 32 FPS constant during sailing and anywhere between 18-25 in towns and cities.
Settings maxed out with AA set to 4xTXAA and vsync off. Sometimes I lower the settings to make it a little more playable. Sometimes this game give me more FPS when maxed out than when settings are in high. WTH is that!?

- - - Updated - - -

Mine's is a 4-cell battery

But yes both CPU and gpu get underclocked to save battery without a charger. Games start lagging the moment I plug out the charger . Plug it back again and they are butter smooth again

My CPU is much hotter than the gpu.

First thing happens with every laptop. My CPU is cool though.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
AC IV is very poorly optimized. Sometime I cry why is this game torturing me like this giving only 80% GPU usage on both GPUs. Sometimes as bad as 70%.
On an average I get 32 FPS constant during sailing and anywhere between 18-25 in towns and cities.
Settings maxed out with AA set to 4xTXAA and vsync off. Sometimes I lower the settings to make it a little more playable. Sometimes this game give me more FPS when maxed out than when settings are in high. WTH is that!?

- - - Updated - - -

First thing happens with every laptop. My CPU is cool though.
what are ur temps,seamon?like gaming and idle?

Top Bottom