language of choice

amit dutt

Broken In
hi all !

I am pretty curious to know what language is used by google for its products [not web services]. Is it java ? which is the main language used by google ?

thanks

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Google uses diff. languages for it's diff. services. Not sure about the search, but it looks like C/C++(maybe). But the main language used by them is Python for sure.

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
The Core of the Android OS (it is a modified Linux kernel) is written in C, 3rd party libraries are being written in C++, Core Libraries are written in Java (which run on Dalvik Virtual Machine), and off course, all the application development with user interface is done in Java. You can create your own Android applications. :)

OP
A

amit dutt

Broken In
i am in pre-final year MCA.
its not possible to get expertise in multiple languages... each language is vast.
i am confused which language to opt for ?

C/C++/java ?

kindly suggest..

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I suggest learn both. Then try both language for a reasonable amount of time.
You would automatically start to prefer one over another.

It's just the matter of taste.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
I would suggest to learn Java and Python.

As Java will give you job security more than any language can give, and Python will/can give you "wisdom" of programming.

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
Both the languages have their own pros and cons, but knowing C++ first will allow you to pick up Java very quickly. If you are interested in web application development, java is much more useful. As far as job security is concerned, you should go for Java.

OP
A

amit dutt

Broken In
thanks all for valuable suggestion. i have done C++ but not in detail.
I have started Java. which Java IDE is better ? Eclipse or NetBeans ?

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
thanks all for valuable suggestion. i have done C++ but not in detail.
I have started Java. which Java IDE is better ? Eclipse or NetBeans ?

As you have just started with Java, I would rather suggest NOT to go for IDE this early. Try to code in a pure text editor (like Notepad on Windows or Vim on Linux). At most go for a syntax highlighting editor such as Notepad++ or GEdit.

Once you are comfortable with these, then probably after more 3-4 months, you shall go for IDE.

IMO, Eclipse is THE best IDE for Java as of now.

Top Bottom