LAN ISSUE...LAN Connects but not Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

nkparsana

Broken In
I'm having a HP Pavilion Laptop (Model No dv1624tn). Everything works fine except LAN. Earlier it was working fine, but now from past few days, whenever I insert the LAN cable, it says limited connectivity else it gets connected but I couldn't surf the net and any web page it doesn't open.

Whenever it says limited connectivity, I restarted the modem so many times, but still having d same problem. I have seen that the LAN LED green color always shows, but d red one, which is usually indicates busyness, but it sometimes blinks or sometimes periodically like every after 3 seconds.

I have installed each and every driver of LAN. In my Laptop, the LAN is Intel Pro/100 VE Network Connection is there. I dont know how to check whether my LAN has gone or what? I have tried all the possiblities, but it doesn't connects at all. I have 2 MBPS connection. My WiFi works jus great. But LAN having d same problem.

Other than driver what would b the problem in my LAN? Can anyone please solve my Problem. I will b very thankful to them.

Last edited:

Aamir_x64

Broken In
can u please tell me one thing first. u r connecting lan to what PC or another laptop. i will try my best

sakumar79

Technomancer
Are you on XP or Vista? XP drivers are available on HP website itself...

Arun

aswin1

Journeyman
I think you should call your ISP and ask them to check the connection.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Go to ip v4 properties in network setting (lan) and assign ip address as 192.168.1.2 and dns as 255.255.255.0 and reboot modem and pc.then go to adsl modem properties by using 192.168.1.1 and see if dhcp is enabled.this will help.

OP
N

nkparsana

Broken In
Hi Aamir, Nish, Ashwin, Sakumar...

Thanks for replyng me n gave me solution. I'm using Win XP Media Center Edition SP-2. As I told u earlier, I have installed everything, the LAN Drivers and everthing. A to Z drivers I installed. As Aamir asked me for what purpose I'm using net, the LAN thing, I connects for Internet purpose. I have broadband connection of 2 MBPS. Presently I'm in UK, and Virgin company provides the net connection. They gave me modem itself. In my friend computer, it works fine, but mine whenever I'm inserting the LAN Cable with my laptop, it says limited connectivity. Sometimes it gets connected, but I couldn't surf the net. I don't know the reason. Presently I'm using WiFi, it works perfectly, but LAN thing I couldn't solve it.

And after sometimes, it says, limited connectivity and I can't surf d net. As Nish, gave me solution, I will try that one. Yet I haven't tried that one. But soon, I wil try that solution. Thanks for replying me all guys.

Will post soon whether my issue has been solved or not. Till then, take care guys.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
yea thats the problem..its only that u need to do what i posted above.u can also reset the modem,if u have all the details but i wont recommend that in any case since i dont know ur modem.

so do as in this pic-
*img501.imageshack.us/img501/4015/00lx1.th.jpg

and try to open 192.168.1.1

if it works/doesnt work go to properties again and select Obtain IP address automatically and reboot ur pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.