Kindly help choosing mb,cpu

bal1961

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
latest games like battlefield 4,call of duty ghost,assassins creed black flag,arkham origin etc. in a 1080p resolution in high settings for my Son. for me adobe photoshop ..DTP and Office Tally.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:70 k can be extended.

3. Planning to overclock? Ans:No
4. Which Operating System are you planning to use? Ans:windows 8 Pro 64bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed? Ans:i allready have a 1tb WD blue hdd and 500 GB seagate.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:22" 1080p full hd ips panel or 24". whether Combo tv/monitor advisable?

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:keyboard,mouse,sound box,ups,dvd writer
1.CORSAIR VX450 W. 2. Having Zebronics cabinet PEACE (2 years old) cabinet. 3.PALIT GTX 260 SONIC SP.(896MB.)

8. When are you planning to buy the system? Ans:in 3 or 4 days

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler? Ans:i have built one before

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:live in chennai,buying locally,not much interested in buying online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:like to purchase latest or next lower lever CPU/MB. ALSO SSD & If necessary VIDEO CARD.

or i should upgrade to new Cabinet and power ?
Dilemma between AMD & INTEL. for the past years always ending up with AMD.

Kindly Advice..
thanks..
thanks..

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
sell your old components which might yield 7-8k ,i guess. then get
i5 4570 - 14k
asus b85m g - 6.5k
kingston hyperX blu 4gb X 2 - 4.5k
r9 290 - 34.5k (itdepot)
seasonic s12ii 620 -5 .3k
antec gx700 - 4k
dell s2240l - 8.8k

Cilus

laborare est orare
Get a single 8GB Ram and another one later. The Kingston HyperX 8GB X 1 module will cost around 4.7K.

OP
B

bal1961

Broken In
thanks..
if i only upgrade cpu & MB whether the PSU and graphic card will be adequate/work..?
kindly help..
thanks..

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
thanks..
if i only upgrade cpu & MB whether the PSU and graphic card will be adequate/work..?
kindly help..
thanks..

As you require the pc for playing latest games on 1080p u defiinately want to buy a new graphics card and that to a powerful one, and for such a graphics card a good Psu is very much recommended.
Gaming largely depends on Graphics card.And dont compromise on the psu it is a way too important component which is neglected by most people.

So,NO your old psu and graphic card wont be adequate.

Top Bottom