Killing Piracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I guess OP want to change the world overnight. Even in countries like US, where people earn a lot, pirate stuff.

Last edited:
OP
chaitanya2106

chaitanya2106

Banned
@OP
Pirated CD's from Pakistan - Terrorism - lol :facepalm:
I just gave an example. Corruption leads to money laundering. Money going into wrong hands indirectly. Eventually Money landing to terrorist organizations who get hold of sophisticated chemicals (they're not cheap) & creating bombs. Now try laughing on that.

If you want to stop piracy, go ahead. Be a superhero and thrash all shops who is selling those CDs. But don't expect everyone to change, when companies don't even give sh1t about Indian market.

Whose fault is that if companies don't **** about Indian market? Is it the fault of the companies ? Then lets say to them that "hey, you're not doing things right.do this".

Not everyone is rich or have money. And second thing, most of the game i pirate is either priced ridiculously or not even released in India. If a game is around 1k, i will purchase. But before getting a job, i cannot go and ask my parents to give me 1k to get a game. And sorry, i am not rich. But with whatever money i am earning i am purchasing games either from retail store or from online sites like Steam.
Your kids can't afford to play original copies of video games so you tell them to steal it. Great!

This topic is endless and people have their own views\reasons to pirate. I appreciate you want to change, but you cannot kill piracy. That's obvious truth.
You are making it endless otherwise IMHO this topic is totally legit & reasonable.

soo...yer trying to get some voyeuristic pleasure here? u r in the wrong neighborhood :p

unless yer ready to point the root issues moaning here wont help...

I don't know how you call Legit things as "VOYEURISTIC PLEASURE"?
I think its you who try to get that because it is cheaply available in your neighbourhood. :-D

Well I found donating a dev on xda better than buying off this stuff (Overpriced)

That is great! Don't buy things you cannot afford. But don't steal it too! :-D

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I just gave an example. Corruption leads to money laundering. Money going into wrong hands indirectly. Eventually Money landing to terrorist organizations who get hold of sophisticated chemicals (they're not cheap) & creating bombs. Now try laughing on that.
Guess you are angry, so will not laugh at that

:D

Whose fault is that if companies don't **** about Indian market? Is it the fault of the companies ? Then lets them that "hey, you're not doing things right.do this".
If company doesn't give sh1t, why would i give sh1t about them.

Your kids can't afford to play original copies of video games so you tell them to steal it. Great!
My dad/mom never told me to pirate. I come to know about games selling for cheaper and i opted for it. So it depends on individual.

You are making it endless otherwise IMHO this topic is totally legit & reasonable.
Again i am repeating, you cannot change this overnight. Let's have fun with this thread till some MOD come and close it.

That is great! Don't buy things you cannot afford. But don't steal it too! :-D

Piracy is not stealing. Quoting from link someone quoted here,

If someone steals your car, but in the morning it is in your home. Piracy is like that.

raksrules

Youngling
There is this image on the internet which exactly shows piracy is not stealing since piracy just makes a copy of the original and the original stays in its place.
I cannot put the image here since file sharing sites are blocked here.

OP
chaitanya2106

chaitanya2106

Banned
Guess you are angry, so will not laugh at that
You're not good at guessing.
:duh2:

If company doesn't give sh1t, why would i give sh1t about them.
It's like saying the other guy doesn't give a **** about me. I should go and steal his work.

My dad/mom never told me to pirate. I come to know about games selling for cheaper and i opted for it. So it depends on individual.
[/QUOTE}
Didn't refer to your dad/mom :-D. Nevertheless, you should know what you're kids are doing. :reading:

Again i am repeating, you cannot change this overnight. Let's have fun with this thread till some MOD come and close it.
I am sure the mods will do the right thing.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
So basically YOU are not ready to point out the root issues but instead you chose to b***** about how bad is the consumer.
temme something..yer hungry..and you need food to survive and you got no/sufficient money to buy the stuff..would you rather die or get the stuff by any way possible?
Now using that analogy to the current trend:
a graphic designer (whose monthly pay is sometimes in the mid 10K's) needs a good software (Photoshop or any other graphic suite) to earn his livelihood,how is he supposed to do that? or he would rather suffer un employment?
take off the "moral" mask and then think.
Also FYI most of the guys here use legit software...take a look at our steam account :)

now coming to you being a hero..u can go trash/thrash people around for buying/promoting "non legit"stuff,once police locks u up..gimme a call :D

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
So basically YOU are not ready to point out the root issues but instead you chose to b***** about how bad is the consumer.
temme something..yer hungry..and you need food to survive and you got no/sufficient money to buy the stuff..would you rather die or get the stuff by any way possible?
a graphic designer (whose monthly pay is sometimes in the mid 10K's) needs a good software (Photoshop or any other graphic suite) to earn his livelihood,how is he supposed to do that? or he would rather suffer un employment?
take off the "moral" mask and then think.
Also FYI most of the guys here use legit software...take a look at our steam account :)

now coming to you being a hero..u can go trash/thrash people around for buying/promoting "non legit"stuff,once police locks u up..gimme a call :D

+100
OP is not willing to point out root cause and he never will, unless he is grown up. No offense.

OP
chaitanya2106

chaitanya2106

Banned

he can buy open source stuff , they make good ones there you knw...

what does that supposed to mean?
Also FYI most of the guys here use legit software...take a look at our steam account
Then why are you promoting piracy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom