KickassTorrents owner arrested by FBI, domains seized

Akira

Augmented Nerd
The isoHunt team created a KAT mirror that is hosting files from the last year to year-and-a-half. So, not everything is available. Furthermore, there is no forum, no community, and no support. And you shouldn’t get too attached, the administrators warn.

If you need to download something, I wont link it here, just do a google search.

“It’s not perfect but if users need to save and archive something it’s time,” the team told VentureBeat. “We don’t know how long it can last, but at least it’s something.”

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Wasn't IsoHunt shutdown in a similar way by the feds long time ago? How are they still operating?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Akira

Augmented Nerd
Wasn't IsoHunt shutdown in a similar way by the feds long time ago? How are they still operating?

It was. The lawsuit ended in 2013 with the original Isohunt being shutdown by its founder. However, as it was shutdown voluntarily and with a deadline, people were able to backup almost 95% of the data and a copycat with the same name came back up soon enough. While it has no connections to the original, it still has a big torrent directory.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
So Apple refuses to unlock a terrorist's phone but gladly gave away the icloud details of the owner of kickass torrents to aid his arrest :dead_NF:

OT: in addition to what @chimera201 wrote, that could've been a farce in complicity with the feds/NoSuchAgency ("see! we care so much about user-privacy that cant/wont help with security-concerns as well.")

Akira

Augmented Nerd
KickassTorrents may be down, but the KAT 'family' is still very much alive. A group of site admins and moderators have started a new community, bringing back many users of the site under the same roof. The new home doesn't offer any torrents, however, and it's still doubtful if the site will ever be restored to its full glory.

With an active community and millions of regular visitors, KickassTorrents was much more than a site to leech the latest torrents from. Many considered it to be their virtual home. Over the past few days, several members of the KAT team have regrouped in an effort to get the community part of the site back up. Since then they have launched Katcr.co, which hosts a forum where several staffers are present.

Speaking on behalf of the KAT-team that’s left, Mr.Black says that the criminal investigation won’t be the end of the community.

“We need to remember that Kickass Torrents is not simply about uploading, the heart and soul of KAT is our members, which are family and family is important as we all know. Nothing can ever take that away and no matter what happens we will not let our community down.”

“We guarantee that KAT will continue in one form or another and we will come back stronger than ever,” Mr.Black adds.

The forum, created by Mr.Prairi3DoG, has already gathered thousands of visitors over the past few days and continues to grow. While many of the original team members are present, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the original site will be restored as well. For now, the forum will give estranged KAT users a place to get together once again. However, many are also still looking for alternatives, with various KAT mirrors growing in popularity.

The KAT team has noticed this as well, but warns that none of these are connected to the old team, urging people to proceed with caution.

“Please be aware that there is no legitimate fully-working KAT site available so be cautious and never attempt to login to any fake sites that may appear online,” Mr.Black warns.

Meanwhile, the alleged operator of KickassTorrents faces extradition to the United States. As far as we know he still remains in Poland, but the authorities haven’t announced any new information since last week, while the court case remains sealed.

You can find the new community at Katc .

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
So Apple refuses to unlock a terrorist's phone but gladly gave away the icloud details of the owner of kickass torrents to aid his arrest :dead_NF:

Is this you??

francis. on Twitter: "So Apple refuses to unlock a terrorist's phone but gladly gave away the icloud details of the owner of kickass torrents to aid his arrest&quot

Akira

Augmented Nerd
KAT - Kickass Torrent Its up guys!

It's a clone, not a working website. They have a cache of recent torrents, and are building on it. Cant login, so cant post new torrents. Community isnt working. Decent place to download old torrents, however. Just in case. Bookmarked.

garnationpengu

Broken In
Petition · [url]*www.justice.gov/: Free Artem Vaulin! · Change.or[/url]
I dunno whether signing this petition would help but I did my part.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Dude, he is accused of multiple copyright violations.

The Pirate Bay co-founders did jail time, why would they release this guy?

Also, news so far is that they have "allegedly" arrested him. Until we get confirmation we don't know if he really is in custody.

A

amit.tiger12

Guys any good alternatives to KAT, where there is active community to verify torrents and provide feedback..
There is Extra****.cc i think it's old school best torrent site available and popular. By the time this site will be taken down by governments.
By taking down site like this and arresting owner, more people and site pops up. So there will be more alternative sites near future.

A

amit.tiger12

Had an account for IPtorrents which got closed due to inactivity, all the torrents i was downloading from kat...
You can try this site,
Opentrackers.org - Private Torrent Trackers & File Sharin

Navigate to public torrents..
You will find many sites to choose from.
Or its best and easy way that you can check your favorite torrent uploaders fav site for uploading torrent / torrenting..

Top Bottom